Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
McGyver indeed............................................ ............I wouldn't even know what they use as far as thermostats these days in these new fangled cars.
Yep, thank the powers to be for the internet

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
Needless to say but you are da man! Love those desert pics as well. That area is just made for jeepin. Maybe someday I'll get mine out that way.
Thanks! Hope to see you (and all others) out this way
Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
I've run a Taurus fan in my '96 Grand Cherokee for about 8 years. Killed one, one of the speeds quit working so I went to the junkyard and picked up another one. I just run a toggle switch so I get low-off-high, it's worked fine for me. Mine is my 'wheeling rig, and it doesn't see many miles each year. Did drive it from Denver to Moab and back this June, temps went up over 210 just a couple of times on the long climbs but that's it.

You will like it.
Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
Nice work Greg. I have an electric fan on a little toy car. It has a manual fan switch as well as the sensor to activate it. The thing works well to cool things off when it comes on.
You two have me feeling good about the decision to go with the electric fan...especially since Ken L uses the same fan in his ZJ. Thanks!!

On a side note: as I was in the groove, I decided to work on a few other small issues the Jeep has.
The driver's side master panel had the only controls that would work the power windows and power door locks. I found two broken wires in the bundle between the driver's door and the frame that fixed all that once the breaks were repaired. I also replaced a faulty rear door actuator while I was on the doors.
My cruise control was intermittent to mostly dead. Replacing the brake light switch solved that.
The only real thing left to do is drop the gas tank as I'm pretty sure the fuel level sending unit is shot.

Regards,
Greg