Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Got My New CW9 Flashing & Crud Everywhere. Then Front Sight Blows Off!

Thanks for the help gents!

You didn't by any chance cut the "flashing" off those front sight posts did you? Just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    You didn't by any chance cut the "flashing" off those front sight posts did you? Just asking...
    No, I didn't touch the front sight posts "mushrooms" at all. I probably should have paid more attention to them on my initial cleaning as they probably weren't mushroomed or flattened enough from the factory.

Thanks for recognizing Greg. You're right, he's fantastic to have around here.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    Thanks for recognizing Greg. You're right, he's fantastic to have around here.
    + + + + + + + +

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I think this is good advice

FWIW: some years back, Muggsy measured his CM9 front sight (CM/CW sights are the same) at .175" or 4.45mm. I have a take off Kahr CW front sight and my measurement is similar to Muggsy's.

Regards,
    Greg

Thank you for you kind comment Gebe...it is very much appreciated.
    Greg

Greg,
    Thank you as always but I went to the Dawson site and using your measurements, I couldn't find anything. I then e-mailed Dawson and said I wanted to replace my front sight with the stock CW9 front sight height from the factory and what they would recommend? To his credit, Dave answered back very quickly but said there were too many variables involved and to use their Sight Math section of their site to choose the correct height.

To be honest, the Sight Math section is too confusing to me, (I'm not the brightest bulb in the room! ). I just know that before the stock sight blew off, my gun was shooting point of aim and that's all I'm after.

I'm wondering how Kahr can sell the Trijicon Tritium or night sight and the fiber optic sight and not ask what height you want like Dawson Precision does?

I really have no need for Tritium or night sights but the fiber optic sights appeal to me. However, the stock polymer sight was fine with me and supposedly Kahr sent my replacement a week ago, (I'm still waiting for it to arrive). If after I install the stock sight and it blows off again, I'll consider aftermarket.

Thanks as always Greg. You're the best!!!

I ordered the replacement flat steel base for my new CW9's magazine on Tuesday, August 22nd about mid-day. It was delivered to my mailbox this afternoon at 1pm. Installed it after removing the standard plastic base plate - took about one minute. it's a nice improvement over the bulky original, and the mag looks a lot more flush (still sticks out a little bit). Expensive little piece of steel, but I just don't like plastic base plates on my CCW magazines.

Need to get out to the land & shoot the gun pretty soon to make sure it works ok. Have a bunch of the crappy WWB, a couple of boxes of Remington 115 fmj, and will get some AE to break it in. Need to buy some Gold Dot, Hornady CD, and maybe Buffalo Bore to run through it to see which SD it likes.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The sight finally arrived. I decided I'd just go ahead and use it since the original that blew off was shooting point of aim nicely and I don't really have a need for a tritium sight and save $50.00 to boot.

First I coated the posts and the bottom with a light coat of Gorilla Glue. Pushed it in and let the glue set for 24 hours. Then I heated the posts with a little butane torch and pushed them flat with a flat point punch. Cleaned everything up and assembled the pistol.

Headed for the range in a couple of days and I'll put a hundred rounds or more through it and if this one blows off, I'll bite the bullet and go with the Trijicon from Kahr.

Again, thanks for all the help Greg!