Hey guys,

Having a real issue with my new CW9 and need some help!

I went and picked up my burnt bronze CW9 yesterday. Brought it home and was detail stripping today it to get all the shipping goop off of it. All was going well until I went to remove the rear slide cover plate. I routinely detail strip the slide of every gun after I shoot it so I know how to remove the plate correctly and do it frequently with my MK9 and my dads CW9. Both of which come off and are replaced with ease.

That slide cover was on so tight on my new CW9 that it took PB blaster, a jewelers screwdriver and a hammer to pry it off. Marring it terribly in the process. I initially chocked it up to possibly the cerakote adding extra diameter to the metal but after multiple attempts at reassembly without the springs in it, it seriously would not go on without hammering it back into place. I don't even know how they got it assembled at the factory. I can't emphasize enough how hard it was to replace the plate even without the springs in it. I then tried to put the slide cover plate from my Dads CW9 and my MK9 and they all catch at the same place and wont go in without using the strength of 10 men.

I really don't want to send my gun back to Kahr, and they will probably take one look at this ridiculous looking rear slide cover plate and think I'm some kinda lunatic. It looks like it went 10 rounds with Tyson.

What the hell is going on?!?!?!