Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Question from an old guy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My sister had trouble racking slides, even the P238. Her problem was how to pull the slide back and then manipulate the slide lock. I had her put in an empty magazine. When the slide was pulled back, bingo, the mag locked it open. Maybe this might help you a little Ken. The P238 is good. I personally carry the P938...although I'll probably pick up a cm9 at some point.😀
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I have a PM9 and a CW9. I have no trouble working the slide on those two guns. I taught firearms at 2 police academies and I taught firearms at a local college for their AOJ classes for 7 years. I know how to work a slide, but I have developed arthritis in my hands and I can't grip that slim slide on the CW380. I have talon grips on the gun maybe put some talon tape on the slide. Might work. Will also putting in an empty mag. see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken43 View Post
    I have a PM9 and a CW9. I have no trouble working the slide on those two guns. I taught firearms at 2 police academies and I taught firearms at a local college for their AOJ classes for 7 years. I know how to work a slide, but I have developed arthritis in my hands and I can't grip that slim slide on the CW380. I have talon grips on the gun maybe put some talon tape on the slide. Might work. Will also putting in an empty mag. see if that works.
    Arthritis is a B!!!tch! I shot right handed for most of my life…..had to switch to left hand in 2011 because of ARTHRITIS…..Grrrrrrr! AND it has worked out for me…..thank God!
    Have you thought about switching hands??? It's MUCH better than "NOT" shooting!
    Good Luck!!