Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question from an old guy

Not all of us old guys know how "hand jive" goes.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

if you don't know how the "hand jive" goes, you could piece of skateboard tape on top of the slide between the rear sight and the ejection port. that may help give you a better grip also.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Oh, I've used the same method you mention in post 20 - but the hand jives thing threw me off a bit.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Ken43 View Post
    I have a PM9 and a CW9. I have no trouble working the slide on those two guns. I taught firearms at 2 police academies and I taught firearms at a local college for their AOJ classes for 7 years. I know how to work a slide, but I have developed arthritis in my hands and I can't grip that slim slide on the CW380. I have talon grips on the gun maybe put some talon tape on the slide. Might work. Will also putting in an empty mag. see if that works.
    Arthritis is a B!!!tch! I shot right handed for most of my life…..had to switch to left hand in 2011 because of ARTHRITIS…..Grrrrrrr! AND it has worked out for me…..thank God!
    Have you thought about switching hands??? It's MUCH better than "NOT" shooting!
    Good Luck!!

I bought one of the gizmos called "The EZ Racker" from Midway I think but could have been Brownells. Dandy little plastic thing. They come in small and large. My biggest problem was at cleaning time. Now I put the little plastic bar in a small vise on my reloading bench and rack away.