Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my Marine

Default Update on my Marine

Clint my youngest son and first Marine returned to his base at 29 Palms after his Christmas leave which was great.

Right back into training and such. He finally got introduced to the Beretta M9 and qualified expert with it. He didn't figure they would ever be issued handguns but found out differently.
    He's heading for Irag first of April and everyone in his platoon will be issued M9's. He said he was already familiar with shooting, good upbringing, but had to get used to the long trigger on the Beretta. He also said it was high speed, targets only up for 2 or 3 seconds then disappear.
    He's hoping to have a chance to requal with his HK rifle to raise that to Expert level as well but time will tell on that.

When he returned, first morning in formation him and 9 others were called out of formation and offered interviews to transfer into Marine security. This is originally what he wanted to do but was told there were no openings. Apparently that has changed. His leader was NOT happy about this. Already short of a full compliment of Marines and losing some didn't make him happy I guess.

That will require 7 or 8 months of additional training at Quantico, an extension of his enlistment time and a full year each deployed to 3 different countries. So apparently little down time and less visits home.

Sounds like the decision won't be made prior to his deployment so he will go to Iraq and be brought back if he is selected for the Marine Security deal.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Outstanding!!! Looks like he got his shooting prowess from his proud papa.......

Thank him for his service. You must be very proud. Mine was Air Force. Did the Iraq time (6 months). Convoy duty (security Forces) at that time. It was a long six months for us. Keep us updated on his progress. Hopefully, the Quantico experience will take him interesting places.

He is to be commended for his choice to serve.

He was raised right. Congrats to both of you!!!

God Bless him and keep him safe.

You done good raising that young warrior.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

What great news. I wish him continued success and you and he have my thanks.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Excellent, Col.
    NRA Benefactor

Outstanding!
    NRA Benefactor

Godspeed to your Marine, and Congratulations to Papa for raising such a fine man!

Tim