Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Negligent Discharge

Which reinforced maybe the most important of the four rules. Never point the muzzle at anything you do not intend to destroy. I had one once where I actually forgot to remove the mag on a 1911. Racked the slide, dumped the chambered round, pointed the gun at a concrete wall in my basement, and pulled the trigger. The only thing I can recall is, that mag was the only mag I owned without an extended floorplate. Poor excuse but that's all I got. I thank Hickock45 for his videos where he always clears his gun by pointing it downrange and pulling the trigger before returning it to the table.
    Sometimes accidents make us smarter.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Thanks for posting and keeping us all from getting complacent. It can happen, it does happen.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Thanks for posting and keeping us all from getting complacent. It can happen, it does happen.
    What he said, and it can happen to any of us.

Oldboldpilot, thank you for the wakeup call.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

took a man with some balls to come on to the board and say what happened. Thank you for your candor. As Barth mentioned, in his post, we need to not get lazy with our trigger hygiene.

Thank you again. Glad everyone was safe.
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    What he said, and it can happen to any of us.

Oldboldpilot, thank you for the wakeup call.
    I absolutely agree!!!

When a person handles guns frequently it's easy to let your guard down…….

Well, me too - a few years ago. I was warned and warned more, but thought I'll be careful. I didn't get out to the range much so bought the 45 cal laser cartridge that sits in the chamber and fired by the striker hit for 3ms. Lets you see where the shot would have hit. It really worked as my range targets showed. To make it more realistic I put up small targets around the house and practiced clearing etc. I got smug and put one up in my office so I could shoot from my desk (don't do this!). Sitting there on the computer and casually shot the target with a live round! It went through the closet door and messed up a couple things but mo harm except I freaked out at what a nucklehead I am. As warned, it's a great tool but you need separate practice and living areas leaving ammo in the living.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

My brother in law had a negligent discharge and he says that is how he got his first son.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I had an intentional negligent discharge once when I was a youngster, it involved a piece of crap 12 gauge shotgun with a shell stuck in the chamber, a stack of phone books and newspapers and a stupid idea of how to clear it in a hurry which ended up with a big ole hole in the floor.....Found out setting one of those cannons off inside the house is a REAL BAD IDEA!!!!!

very good points you made there Pilot, ND arent biased ro whom they prey upon...

Ive had 2 myself Im 47 and have shot my whole life as well...

Had a Walther PPK/s that was possessed, was going out back door to take a few shots when i lived out in country and shot a hole through the door, was in the city in my bedroom and shot a hole though the ceiling... i wont go into details how this all happened but i swear that gun was out to get me... I sold it shortly after the door incedent...
    RIP Muggsy

In the company of my brother and cousin, I took the shot out of a 20 gauge shotgun shell and crawled under my cousins house looking for a cat that was in heat and her several suitors. I had a single barrel J Higgins shotgun that was much older than us. About 00:30 we found the cats and pulled the trigger. It was much louder than I thought it would be and the cats were long gone. Woke up the house and neighborhood. We slept in the treehouse and cleaned the shotgun carefully afterwards. The next morning at breakfast, my great uncle suggested taking the wadding out next time.