Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: New to Kahr forum.. CM9 question

Default New to Kahr forum.. CM9 question

I am looking in to buying a CM9. Have my concerns though considering some of the negative reviews I've read. I'm really interested in replacing my LCP 380 for the Kahr CM9 as my pocket carry. With that said, I thought I read somewhere on here that Kahr came out with a newer version or newer Gen for the CM9. Is this the case? If so, what were the changes? Thanks for any help and and info.

Welcome SMR. There is a Gen II that seems to have been pushed to a back burner for awhile. It really has no effect or change on the CM9 which will stay the same.
    If one reads one can find negative reviews about nearly any brand of any product. You can also find glowing reviews about stuff that is well known junk.

Personally I think the chances you getting a good CM9 are very good. At most it might need a tweek or two but most likely not.

Plenty of help here if you do have an issue and while no one likes to think about needing it, it is warrantied and Kahr will take care of it if needed.

Short answer is buy with confidence.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Welcome SMR. There is a Gen II that seems to have been pushed to a back burner for awhile. It really has no effect or change on the CM9 which will stay the same.
    If one reads one can find negative reviews about nearly any brand of any product. You can also find glowing reviews about stuff that is well known junk.

Personally I think the chances you getting a good CM9 are very good. At most it might need a tweek or two but most likely not.

Plenty of help here if you do have an issue and while no one likes to think about needing it, it is warrantied and Kahr will take care of it if needed.

Short answer is buy with confidence.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I have 6000+ rds. through my EDC/IDPA Match CM9 without stoppages of any kind;did a very slight mod to the mag release/mags and a Galloway reduced striker spring kit to enhance trigger pull (very slight pull weight reduction) and slide lock reloads.
    the biggest/best mod was having a ft. dovetail milled so TFO sights could be installed for my aging eyes.
    do a through cleaning before/after the 250/300 rd. break in before reaching conclusions.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    I have 6000+ rds. through my EDC/IDPA Match CM9 without stoppages of any kind;did a very slight mod to the mag release/mags and a Galloway reduced striker spring kit to enhance trigger pull (very slight pull weight reduction) and slide lock reloads.
    the biggest/best mod was having a ft. dovetail milled so TFO sights could be installed for my aging eyes.
    do a through cleaning before/after the 250/300 rd. break in before reaching conclusions.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER
    Awesome, ty.

Go ahead and buy the cm9. You'll be glad you did. Mine has ran excellent from day one. Soft shooter too and fits the front pocket well.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Go ahead and buy the cm9. You'll be glad you did. Mine has ran excellent from day one. Soft shooter too and fits the front pocket well.
    Thats what I'm looking for, a 9mm to replace my 380 for pocket carry. Thats why I'm looking into the CM9.

I will make a more comprehensive post but I took my new CM9 to the range today and fired 125 flawless rounds including 25 HST 124 grain.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I will make a more comprehensive post but I took my new CM9 to the range today and fired 125 flawless rounds including 25 HST 124 grain.

Dave
    Nice report.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/