Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnum Research 1911

Default Magnum Research 1911

The DE 1911 GSS 4.3" looks like a nice commander size 1911 in stainless steel and checkered front strap. Priced around $700, are these good guns and can you swap out the parts with other 1911 parts such as sights, grip safety, thumb safety, mag wells?
    Thanks

They are excellent guns. I have 2 government size, one blued, one stainless and one commander size. I haven't got to shoot the stainless yet but holding it and looking at it I know it's a keeper for sure.
    My blued one is probably my most accurate 1911 at least with me at the controls. It's sweet. The commander runs right with it and on any given day might beat it in the accuracy department.

Far as I know it's mil spec. I notice the grip frame is slightly deeper front to back but standard 1911 grips fit perfectly and I don't think it effects any other parts. I'm not certain what the sight cuts are for replacement sights but shouldn't be hard to find out.
    Have you seen a stainless commander, I've heard they are like chicken lips to find, the full size can be a challenge too. Just not enough of them in the system yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I saw both in stainless recently on gunbroker, dont know if they are still there or not but are might nice.

Personally if I didn't have them already, I wouldn't hesitate. I really really love them myself. Great guns, great value.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Colonel Bawanna has reported before that there is a new style billboard in circulation: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...090#post389090
    I'd be inclined to look for one of those rather than the older style.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Definitely look for the newer style but don't pass up a gift price on an old one if it's good enough. They shoot good.

The new one grips you, you don't have to grip it. Between the VZ grips and the front strap checkering, its like grabbing a cactus in a nice sort of way.

I don't know if they make the blued model with front strap checkering etc or not, never seen one myself.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

This is a DE 1911 CSS (4.33 in. barrel) i picked up about two weeks ago. Very accurate shooter. Bull barrel, no bushing.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by eligius View Post
    This is a DE 1911 CSS (4.33 in. barrel) i picked up about two weeks ago. Very accurate shooter. Bull barrel, no bushing.

Did yours come with the knife?

they sure look good are the made from forgings or cast

Does field stripping require a special tool?
    NRA Benefactor