Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO 1911PKZSE report

Default AO 1911PKZSE report

It has arrived. From the packing oil that was on it, it's clearly a new gun, but it came with no manual or anything in the box. The box was for the right model, but had a different serial number. I'm not bothered by that, it's a new gun and what I ordered.

This was an interesting surprise, a Colt brand magazine?

I field stripped it and almost detail stripped it but wasn't in the mood to put it back together afterward so I cleaned it up and lubed it. The trigger is crisp and clean, but I was hoping for the short rounded-face trigger in the picture on their website. I can replace that in the future.

Overall I love it, can't wait to shoot it.

Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Beautiful. And it already has the wide spur hammer, I love wide spur hammers, right up there with antler and stag. With a little help and guidance from Greg, I put a wide spur hammer on my Remington R1.

I prefer the mid to long trigger myself but like you say, you can swap that out when / if you get the urge.

The grips look very well done on that one.

No clue why it came with a Colt mag, unless it just got swapped during handling at some point. Not a bad thing at all of course.

I run Wilson's in all mine, some have never been shot with the factory mag, guess I should try that at least and make sure they work. Confident that all do.

Happy new gun to you!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It probably sat in the shop for too long, then when they decided to sell it they couldn't find all the original stuff.

The grips are genuine 1940s style plastic.

I like it! I think it definitely has the look you wanted. Congrats on picking it up
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Very nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Darn short triggers are pricey. Original ones are $40-60 on fleabay.

Disappointing. 100 rounds of PMC Bronze FMJ, too many failures to eject and feed to count. That was with the Colt mag and two Promags. I knew one of the two Promags had problems because it wasn't reliable in my other 1911s, but since it was all these mags I don't think it's mag related. The gun is very tight, probably needs more rounds to break it in, and I should probably go ahead and detail strip it and clean the guts better. Some of the failures were getting the slide to go all the way into battery.

The GI style high ejection port was a hoot. Most of the rounds flew up and into my face. I probably have some tiny red crescent marks on my bald spot. One tried to get behind my shooting glasses, and another got me in the neck. My wife will probably think it's a hickie and make me sleep on the couch, now.

I meant to dab some white paint on the front sight before shooting it, and that's definitely on the "to do" list because I could barely see the sights. That's part of the territory for a GI 1911, I'm not complaining.

Other than that it shot great.

Awesome! Disappointed, too many failures to eject or feed to count, tossing brass into your face and body, couldn't see the sights, other than that it shot great!

I love you man.

Think of it as a work in progress. Run it wet or grease the rails. Get some real magazines even if you don't think it's the issue.
    I run Wilsons, hardly ever use even the factory mags other than to see if they work.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Maybe some extractor tuning is due too. Keep us posted as this is a good learning experience for me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It does have some lube oozing out of the moving parts; she's certainly wet. Not sure how to "tune" the extractor, but I'm sure YouTube will help...