Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: AO 1911PKZSE report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Darn short triggers are pricey. Original ones are $40-60 on fleabay.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Disappointing. 100 rounds of PMC Bronze FMJ, too many failures to eject and feed to count. That was with the Colt mag and two Promags. I knew one of the two Promags had problems because it wasn't reliable in my other 1911s, but since it was all these mags I don't think it's mag related. The gun is very tight, probably needs more rounds to break it in, and I should probably go ahead and detail strip it and clean the guts better. Some of the failures were getting the slide to go all the way into battery.

The GI style high ejection port was a hoot. Most of the rounds flew up and into my face. I probably have some tiny red crescent marks on my bald spot. One tried to get behind my shooting glasses, and another got me in the neck. My wife will probably think it's a hickie and make me sleep on the couch, now.

I meant to dab some white paint on the front sight before shooting it, and that's definitely on the "to do" list because I could barely see the sights. That's part of the territory for a GI 1911, I'm not complaining.

Other than that it shot great.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101