Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO 1911PKZSE report

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    It does have some lube oozing out of the moving parts; she's certainly wet. Not sure how to "tune" the extractor, but I'm sure YouTube will help...
    You are correct about that

Here's a good read as well:
    http://www.m1911.org/technic2.htm

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Here's another good one and watch the Brownells video. Very helpful for challenged folks such as me.

http://www.jackweigand.com/eat.html
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

A video by Wilson Combat said to bend the extractor till it held an empty case when you gently shake the slide. That's an easy test.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

The short trigger arrived today. I detail stripped the frame and soaked the parts in Braklean. Looks like they made their own gravy.

Got it back together, and it feels looser. I did test the extractor tension and it seemed ok.

The short trigger can pinch your finger against the frame, maybe that's one reason they lengthened it.

Looks good, though. And needed zero fitting, it slipped in perfectly.

Was that a Flea Bay trigger or from AO or ??

Looks like a perfect match up. I always feel so lucky when they drop in and work with zero fitting, that part always kind of skeers me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It's from FleaBay, it came with a nice finish almost like new. Probably refinished. No apparent wear or dings. I asked AO if they had a short trigger like in the pictures on the website, and they said no, the trigger I got is the only trigger they have.

The dimensions of the AO's frame and triggerguard are making the short trigger sit further inside the frame than on a true GI pistol. A long, long time ago I had one of the pre-Kahr, Numrich-owned AOs and a short GI trigger looked the same way in mine.

BTW testing the extractor tension is done with a loaded round, not an empty case. The tension should be just barely enough to hold the round in place with the slide held level. A 1911 should be reliable with ball ammo no matter what, so if the extractor tension isn't the culprit you'll need to send it back to Kahr.

42 more rounds and it’s still not running right. I think the extractor isn’t grabbing the casing, making the next round choke up. Since the “test” showed it holding the casing without any wobble I presume the extractor needs loosening.