Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the cw380

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Meantime if anyone has insight into what may cause a CW380 prematurely to lock back, NOT related to the magazine, I'd appreciate.
    Greg's video might have your answer....

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Also, I wouldn't be employed by a company who doesn't recognize my 2nd Amendment rights.
    Unless you're self-employed or work in a gun store it's pretty hard to find a company these days that turns a blind eye to employees bringing weapons into the workplace. If you have a boss who is pro-2A and says "go ahead" you are very lucky. But every company my wife and I have ever worked for has given us a thick employee handbook with a section stating that weapons of any sort are prohibited on company property... even inside your car as long as it's in their parking lot. And we have worked for everything from retailers to the postal service to manufacturing to white-collar businesses. Of course disgruntled ex-employees are likely to ignore company policy, but apparently that's just too bad.

Default Opinions on the cw380

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Greg's video might have your answer....
    Very likely. Just checked, the spring is somewhat loose. Now I need to find a No. 6 torx. Thanks so much Greg certainly is a treasure.

UPDATE Yep. Tightened the slide stop spring screw and blew through a box of FMJ with no hiccups. Next trip will experiment with different ammo and if it still checks out this one will be good to go.

I'm glad Kahr is installing a modified extractor. I have a feeling that's about 90% of the problems people have been having and most of us don't need to be trying to fix that ourselves.
    Last edited by SlowBurn; 09-03-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Glad that worked out for you, SlowBurn.

Over on a facebook Kahr group, there's a couple of Kahr employees that post from time to time. One says Kahr has a "new" procedure that is supposed to solve most all of the 380 feeding issues.

It involves "trimming" the extractor, and checking the chamber bore diameter. Some chambers need to be enlarged by a thousandth or so.

Looks like Kahr is watching these forums...

Finished off another 50 flawless rounds in my cw380 today. It is a smooth shooter.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    After 500 rds my Kahr CW380 is still very difficult to hand cycle, but operates flawlessly during actually firing of the firearm. Did a slight mod to the extractor lower tip to enable it to feed and eject any 380 ammo. Polished the feed ramp and the upper chamber. If I were to do it over again.....would probably buy the CM9. Ammo is cheaper seems to be easier to break in than the 380 firearms....NOT saying all of them are!!! Not much difference in size. Did I make a mistake buying the CW380?...not at all!! Got it on sale at Tombstone online for less than $210 .....there is nothing that can be found to say that is not a great deal on a very fine firearm.
    I am about to own both, just ordered the cw380 on grab a gun...there is quite a bit difference in size of you ask ,e...I have been trying to pocket carry my cm9, but honestly it's just a tad to large and heavy to be a serious contender for the pocket...the cw380 should fit the bill perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post
    I am about to own both, just ordered the cw380 on grab a gun...there is quite a bit difference in size of you ask ,e...I have been trying to pocket carry my cm9, but honestly it's just a tad to large and heavy to be a serious contender for the pocket...the cw380 should fit the bill perfectly
    I bought the CW380 because for $210 I thought it would be a good throw on for a store run. I have never liked to pocket carry. I liked it, but to be honest I liked my Bersa Thunder better, the Kahr was just to small. Now operational wise it was very good once........ I spent a second mortgage worth of money buying 380 acp to break it in. The recommended 200 rounds did nothing for it. The 600+ count is where it began to loosen up. It is irrelevant now since I sold it and bought a CM9. For me the CM9 is the perfect CCW. The accuracy amazes me....on par with my much larger CZ and S&W pistols. The size is much better to fit my hand and it conceals very well.

Just took possession of my new cw380, and all I can say is wow!! This thing is ridiculously small...so small it makes my cm9 feel big...can't wait to get it to the range and run a few hundred rounds through it so I can get it into my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    You are right about no gun being ideal for a meth head. The chances of the average person ever meeting and having to deal with this kind of a problem is like winning the Power Ball 500 Million Dollar Jackpot, 1 in 292 Million. So in conclusion, there is no reason that a 380 ACP will not be a good self defense gun caliber. I feel safe when I carry mine. But I also have bigger guns for different occasions.
    I guess it's also important where a person lives. I don't know where you live, but I see at least 3 or 4 meth heads walking down the street everyday. This situation is not out of the norm, and runs rampant in my town, along with alcoholics. Maybe now you understand why I don't/won't carry pea shooters.

I too liked the size of the CW380, It just dissapeared in my front pocket as a backup gun. However on my first range trip my left hand is brusied slapping the slide back into battery after each shot. I have never owned a Karh before and I'm willing to give their CS a fair go at this as I really want to like this little backup. I guess I'm more accustomed to running true right out of the box. Time will tell, it's in Kahr's hands now. AS a side note, I read all the negitive reviews and was still willing to give it a shot, so in a way this one's on me.