Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the cw380

Quote Originally Posted by brycewise View Post
    I really want to like the kahr, but I don't think I would be confident in a gun that has the amount of negative reviews as the kahr does
    As I've said before, if I relied entirely on Internet complaints about which gun to not buy, I'd be carrying a Louisville Slugger for protection.

I've read plenty of gripes about Ruger LCPII problems, but that wouldn't mean I'd never buy one. Have carried a 1st Generation LCP since 2008 without a problem, and recently bought the improved Generation 2 (not the LCPII) just because it was $199.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I too have read complaints about the LCP II. Honestly, small .380s are a crapshoot no matter which one you go with. Even the Glock 42 has had its fair share of teething problems and unhappy owners, and yet people say Glocks are Pefection™. A lot of it is due to the ammo BTW, not the guns. There seem to be significant variations of bullet shapes, rim configuration, and power levels of the various .380 ammo out there which can cause little pocket guns to have fits. If you get into pocket .380s plan on dealing with a little trial and error, and be prepared to have to stick with a single gun and ammo combination that works.

My experience with a Kahr .380 is this: when it works it's unbeatable. The problem is getting one that does. My P380 is the only gun of its size that I can confidently engage targets out to 25 yards as if I had a full-sized service pistol in my hands. Unfortunately I've spent way more money than I should on aftermarket parts and range ammo just to work out the numerous problems I had with it.

I hear ya. I did buy a CT380 to see if I could avoid some of the tiny CW380 hang ups. the CT runs perfect so far, except it will not shoot WWB ammo at all. Kinda weird, but it likes everything else..
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I am one of the people that did the extractor slight rounding to make all ammo feed and eject, but I still stay with Federal or Estate when I go to the range because those are the brands of ammo I broke the gun in on. I will not shoot the CW380 much at the range since I broke it in (CZ P-07 and the .22 conversion kit for it is my main range gun), so a box of the better 380 ammo is worth it when I do shoot it. My SD choice is PwR"Ball because it feeds the smoothest, seems to be clean burning and very accurate. At first I thought I made a mistake buying the CW380, but as I have said in other posts, I feel it is one of the better firearm purchases I have made.

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    .... (CZ P-07 and the .22 conversion kit for it is my main range gun)...
    What conversion kit did you get and how well does it work? Have read hit snd miss stories about those.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by brycewise View Post
    Thanks... the feedback on here is much the same... two people had good experiences 1 had a negative experience and the other is bad at first... I'm going with the LCP 2. I haven't found nearly as many negatives about that pistol.

I really want to like the kahr, but I don't think I would be confident in a gun that has the amount of negative reviews as the kahr does especially if they are manufactured in a way that requires me to figure out something the manufacture should before it leaves the factory
    LCP2 is a good choice....
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    What conversion kit did you get and how well does it work? Have read hit snd miss stories about those.
    I have the Kadet .22 conversion kit. Out of the box, removed the 9mm top assembly and installed the kit on the P-07 and have around 400 flawless rounds out of it. My only gripe is the mags are an arm and a leg.!!!

After owning 3 Lcp's and on my fourth, I find them a very over rated pistol. I have shot thousands of rounds, but moved on to better, smoother pocket guns. I would never own the LCPll, Trigger sucked for a pocket gun and I find it very unsafe. And I am a Ruger fan with other pistols and revolvers. The LCP is not the tank like Ruger is well known for. The LCP is not a smooth shooter, lousy sights, and do not hold up well with frequent shooting.
    The good points of the LCP is that all of mine shot just about any ammo and were reliable.(until they were not). My opinion is that if you decide to go with the LCP go with the LCP *gen2 and not the LCP ll. If you do not shoot frequently, do not mind the snappy recoil, then this may be the gun for you. And the LCP is about $100 less that the LCP ll. More contoured, nice smooth trigger and much safer. Ruger also has great Customer Service.

I like the Kahr. Yes it is finicky on ammo, and I had one bad time, where I had problems, but believe it was my mistake of not putting the recoil springs in incorrectly. Quality of build is top notch, trigger is long but smooth. Find the right and ammo and let the gun continue to break in and it now seems to shoot great. Very Mild, great sights. Mine is shooting very reliably at this point. I want to get to 1000 rounds before I make a complete judgement on the gun. Now at 500 rds or more and shooting fine.

My favorite gun is the Beretta Pico. Loved the gun so much, I bought a second. Now around 2,000 rds. without one single hiccup. The second one has over 500 without a flaw.
    Like the Kahr shoots very mild. Both guns are "Fun" shooters, and are guns that you can put a lot of rounds through at the range without any slappy/snappy feel like other pocket guns such as the LCP.

Both the Kahr and the Pico have excellent build quality, and that is obvious buy just a simple comparison or observation. These guns seem built to last for the long term. Especially the Pico which is built like a tank in the quality department. I have been working of taking Pics of a side by side comparison of components, which which I will post later.

Regarding the LCP, I don't think it's overrated at all. It's a very small, lightweight pistol that is generally very reliable. It functions fine for a close range SD gun.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I had a Kahr CW380 for about 4 months. I loved the gun, however; due to the arthritis in my hand I was unable to work the slide. I never had any type of malfunction, but I felt that if I ever had a malfunction where I need to tap, rack, bang. I would not be able to get past the rack part. I ended up getting the Glock 42. I am very happy now.