Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the cw380

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    .... (CZ P-07 and the .22 conversion kit for it is my main range gun)...
    What conversion kit did you get and how well does it work? Have read hit snd miss stories about those.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    What conversion kit did you get and how well does it work? Have read hit snd miss stories about those.
    I have the Kadet .22 conversion kit. Out of the box, removed the 9mm top assembly and installed the kit on the P-07 and have around 400 flawless rounds out of it. My only gripe is the mags are an arm and a leg.!!!

After owning 3 Lcp's and on my fourth, I find them a very over rated pistol. I have shot thousands of rounds, but moved on to better, smoother pocket guns. I would never own the LCPll, Trigger sucked for a pocket gun and I find it very unsafe. And I am a Ruger fan with other pistols and revolvers. The LCP is not the tank like Ruger is well known for. The LCP is not a smooth shooter, lousy sights, and do not hold up well with frequent shooting.
    The good points of the LCP is that all of mine shot just about any ammo and were reliable.(until they were not). My opinion is that if you decide to go with the LCP go with the LCP *gen2 and not the LCP ll. If you do not shoot frequently, do not mind the snappy recoil, then this may be the gun for you. And the LCP is about $100 less that the LCP ll. More contoured, nice smooth trigger and much safer. Ruger also has great Customer Service.

I like the Kahr. Yes it is finicky on ammo, and I had one bad time, where I had problems, but believe it was my mistake of not putting the recoil springs in incorrectly. Quality of build is top notch, trigger is long but smooth. Find the right and ammo and let the gun continue to break in and it now seems to shoot great. Very Mild, great sights. Mine is shooting very reliably at this point. I want to get to 1000 rounds before I make a complete judgement on the gun. Now at 500 rds or more and shooting fine.

My favorite gun is the Beretta Pico. Loved the gun so much, I bought a second. Now around 2,000 rds. without one single hiccup. The second one has over 500 without a flaw.
    Like the Kahr shoots very mild. Both guns are "Fun" shooters, and are guns that you can put a lot of rounds through at the range without any slappy/snappy feel like other pocket guns such as the LCP.

Both the Kahr and the Pico have excellent build quality, and that is obvious buy just a simple comparison or observation. These guns seem built to last for the long term. Especially the Pico which is built like a tank in the quality department. I have been working of taking Pics of a side by side comparison of components, which which I will post later.

Regarding the LCP, I don't think it's overrated at all. It's a very small, lightweight pistol that is generally very reliable. It functions fine for a close range SD gun.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I had a Kahr CW380 for about 4 months. I loved the gun, however; due to the arthritis in my hand I was unable to work the slide. I never had any type of malfunction, but I felt that if I ever had a malfunction where I need to tap, rack, bang. I would not be able to get past the rack part. I ended up getting the Glock 42. I am very happy now.

king rat must be talking about a gun from mars.... ive shot well over 1800 rounds through my lcp and most are handloads, ive never had a single problem with the gun... you must be sensitive to recoil or have monster hands and cant control the gun... these things rock out of the box, no mods needed.... period
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    king rat must be talking about a gun from mars.... ive shot well over 1800 rounds through my lcp and most are handloads, ive never had a single problem with the gun... you must be sensitive to recoil or have monster hands and cant control the gun... these things rock out of the box, no mods needed.... period
    Lol, so you consider a size 9 a monster hand? Really? Recoil sensitive? Hardly. I said I have owned three of these, and on my fourth. What makes you think I cannot control the gun? I actually shot the gun quite well. But they are hardly smooth shooters. You say you have shot the gun 1800 rounds, ok. I shot my first one 2200 rds before it went down. As I said, I have owned and shot LCP's for a long time, I was on the LCP forum for years and learned quite a bit about them. I feel I know these guns well. I have posted before to start looking for cracks in the grip and frame as early as 1500 rounds. And If you have actually shot other guns and you cannot feel the significance in the differences in recoil, then I have to wonder if you have ever shot other pocket guns most especially the Karh and the Pico or the Sigs.
    I will post pics later of the difference in the quality of the parts etc. And Pics of cracks, and rail splits etc. The LCP, Keltec,Taurus etc. are all good guns, just do not have the quality of the Beretta and the Kahr or Sig nor do they shoot as mild and forgiving. The LCP gen2, IMO at around $179.00 is the better buy over the LCP ll. Safer trigger, smooth trigger very similar to the Kahr and cost $100 less in cost. Buy the way, I am not the only one that found the Recoil of the LCP to be harsh. It is pretty much a standard of opinion for years. Yes it is a good reliable gun, as far as ammo goes, but they are throw away guns. Meant to shoot for a certain amount of rounds and then they go down. Good news is Ruger will repair them or send you a new one.

Below are so of the areas where the LCP will go down, lack of stress points from the recoil.

Here is a pic of another owners pistol. I had similar grips with one going all the way down the mag well.

Notice the stainless steel inserts on the Kahr There is a reason Kahr went to the extra lenghts to add these inserts

The Pico not only has designed steel inserts for the stress areas, but the Pistol is modular. Easy to change out to a new grip.

Last edited by King Rat; 08-30-2017 at 06:23 AM.

The Ruger LCP has been the best-selling micro .380 on the market over the past decade for a reason. It's a cheap, simple little pistol that works quite well. Most of them usually run 100% with most brands of ammo, which isn't something that can be said of the P/CW380. The recoil is objectionable to some people, but I don't think it's really that bad. However they aren't nearly as accurate or as comfortable to shoot as a Kahr.

IMHO, I wouldn't carry any of them. Ease of carry and convenience are last on my list of attributes for a firearm for carry. You get what you pay for. Shoot them for a while and throw them away. That's what they are, throw a way's. Couple thousand rounds and that's it. IMHO, anyone who shoots more than a couple hundred rounds through one of these is wasting ammo. Realistically, they are for 7 yds. and under. What if your defensive situation requires something more accurate and at a longer distance for a longer period of time? You're SOL my friend. You could throw it at them, but the plastic won't do too much damage. Instead of worrying about how easy it is to plop it in your pocket or purse, you should be thinking a bit more seriously about saving your life. That is why we carry. No thanks to the plastic fantastic pea shooters. I'll carry a real gun, and put up with a bit of discomfort. I guess it all depends on how serious you really are about protecting yourself and loved ones. I used to own a few of these firearms, so I have shot them. Key words, used to. Waste of ammo. Unless you're financially lucky enough to have lots of ammo on hand. Lousy triggers, lousy sights, cheap materials, what's not to like??????? Flame if you wish, but it's really something to seriously think about.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    IMHO, I wouldn't carry any of them. Ease of carry and convenience are last on my list of attributes for a firearm for carry. You get what you pay for. Shoot them for a while and throw them away. That's what they are, throw a way's. Couple thousand rounds and that's it. IMHO, anyone who shoots more than a couple hundred rounds through one of these is wasting ammo. Realistically, they are for 7 yds. and under. What if your defensive situation requires something more accurate and at a longer distance for a longer period of time? You're SOL my friend. You could throw it at them, but the plastic won't do too much damage. Instead of worrying about how easy it is to plop it in your pocket or purse, you should be thinking a bit more seriously about saving your life. That is why we carry. No thanks to the plastic fantastic pea shooters. I'll carry a real gun, and put up with a bit of discomfort. I guess it all depends on how serious you really are about protecting yourself and loved ones. I used to own a few of these firearms, so I have shot them. Key words, used to. Waste of ammo. Unless you're financially lucky enough to have lots of ammo on hand. Lousy triggers, lousy sights, cheap materials, what's not to like??????? Flame if you wish, but it's really something to seriously think about.
    It took a while, but finally...the first gun snob post I have seen since I joined this forum. TY, it reassures my faith that people like you will always be around to tutor us as to what we should carry as a REAL self defense firearm!!!