Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lakeline followers...chewed up

To this day I still fail to understand why some guys just have to swap parts out of a perfectly fine working firearm and then wonder why it doesn't run right. I own a CM9, (2 mags) CW40 (4 mags) and a K9. (3 mags) I even used my CW40 in IDPA matches where I'm dropping my all factory mags on the floor, out in the dirt, they seen rain for the past 3 yrs. Our local IDPA club uses a indoor range & we have weekly IDPA matches. My all factory CW40 mags still work perfectly fine. Sure the top of the follower will get chewed up from the brass rim of the cases, they're polymer. So what? If I encounter a reliability issue with them I'll simply order new ones from kahr, they're like what? 7 bux? But to this date, I have not had to replace any parts on any of my mags. (in fact, only thing I replaced on my kahr's were the front poly sights for steel night sights & a recoil spring for the CW40, since it has well over 6k rounds)

From what I can see in the OP's photo, that looks like normal wear from shooting..It's metal, what were you expecting? It's not gold plated that's going to get shinier & more beautiful every time you shoot it, unless you own a K9, then yeah, it might. :P

Maybe not in this particular case, but I have noticed that some people just can't leave well enough alone. They think they're an engineer and gunsmith, but they find out that they should have left well enough alone. You have to know your limitations. I can see changes to other things, but not the mechanics. Just asking for trouble. If you've got the skills to pay your bills, fine, but if not, leave well enough alone. You can thank me later

I've had some dents in my Lakeline followers also; instead of the file /test/file/test routine with the ramp, I felt that it would be easier to file the dents in the followers smooth. did it and touched up w/blk. marker. no issues.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

When your feed ramp hits the follower hard enough to break em, you have 3 options.

1 buy new oem followers and a few spares because you're going to keep breaking them

2 do the rampectomy

3 buy lakeline followers

People that say "leave well enough alone" have never dealt with the exact issue you're having.

You guys are making me nervous. All I have ever done to my PM9 is slightly change the angle on the followers ala http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...follower%20mod
    I didn't even flatten the top, just change the angle eve so slightly.
    I have had no trouble with any of my three mags since then. Should I be concerned?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

If your not having any troubles, nothing to be concerned about.

If the follower is getting beat up the ramp is too long and needs to be shortened a bit. I've never had one that needed it but it doesn't appear to be horribly difficult.

I would not like my followers getting beat up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks. Mine has been running like a purse snatcher. Love that little gun.
    "Never pet a burning dog"