CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Even Though My New CW9 Was A Hassle, I Like The Way It Shoots!

Default Even Though My New CW9 Was A Hassle, I Like The Way It Shoots!

Just wanted to say, and I should have stated this in my other threads, I found shooting the CW9 was a pleasant surprise. Yes, it came with so much flashing and crud I couldn't believe it and yes, it took over 3 hours of cutting flashing off and cleaning and yes, the front sight disappeared after just 2 magazines but I really enjoyed shooting it for that first 2 magazines!

As everyone knows, the trigger pull is very long and again as some folks know, it is smooth and at least in my example, "silky smooth". When I touched off the first round, I thought how much more do I have to pull this trigger? It finally went bang but by the first magazine, I had the trigger pull down. Just slowly pull and you can feel when it's ready to go bang.

I have a Glock compact G-26 that I love and have put hundreds of rounds through but I prefer this Kahr's smooth trigger pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebe View Post
    I have a Glock compact G-26 that I love and have put hundreds of rounds through but I prefer this Kahr's smooth trigger pull.
    Have you tried installing the Ghost trigger connector for the Glock? It is an amazingly cheap upgrade with immediate and dramatic results. I recently installed one in my Glock 27, and it is now perhaps the easiest-to-shoot, most accurate pistol I have. It considerable lightens the pull weight, so you don't hit that "Glock Wall" at the end of the trigger stroke. It is still not as smooth as the Kahr, as the pre-break point is still noticeable, but the combination of short travel, lighter weight, and amazing reset make it a great combat upgrade.

p.s. I own both a PM9 and an MK9, and I'm a big fan of the Kahr trigger. So this isn't an attempt to disparage your new CW9. I just thought you might like to hear a way to make the Glock immediately better.
    Last edited by boscobarbell; 08-19-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Just picked up my new CW9 today. Haven't field stripped it yet, so am curious what awaits within.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Have you tried installing the Ghost trigger connector for the Glock? It is an amazingly cheap upgrade with immediate and dramatic results. I recently installed one in my Glock 27, and it is now perhaps the easiest-to-shoot, most accurate pistol I have. It considerable lightens the pull weight, so you don't hit that "Glock Wall" at the end of the trigger stroke. It is still not as smooth as the Kahr, as the pre-break point is still noticeable, but the combination of short travel, lighter weight, and amazing reset make it a great combat upgrade.

p.s. I own both a PM9 and an MK9, and I'm a big fan of the Kahr trigger. So this isn't an attempt to disparage your new CW9. I just thought you might like to hear a way to make the Glock immediately better.
    Thanks for that. I'll look into it.