Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: CW 380 ammo and prep recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congratulations! IMHO all the hand cycling of the slide in the prep threads is not necessary. I've just cleaned and lubed my new Kahrs and then went out and shot them. For range ammo, you're correct about the perfecta and you can include Fiocchi FMJ into the same category. Some people have modified the extractor and then they can run those two brands. Other than those two, any round nose FMJ should work. Blazer and PMC are a couple of my favs. For defense, critical defense, and any round with the XTP bullet works well. I've 'progressed' to the Underwood load of Lehigh's Critical Defender. It's not my EDC, but it is one of my favorite guns to shoot at the range!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Congratulations! IMHO all the hand cycling of the slide in the prep threads is not necessary. I've just cleaned and lubed my new Kahrs and then went out and shot them. For range ammo, you're correct about the perfecta and you can include Fiocchi FMJ into the same category. Some people have modified the extractor and then they can run those two brands. Other than those two, any round nose FMJ should work. Blazer and PMC are a couple of my favs. For defense, critical defense, and any round with the XTP bullet works well. I've 'progressed' to the Underwood load of Lehigh's Critical Defender. It's not my EDC, but it is one of my favorite guns to shoot at the range!
    Thanks, Im not too big on the idea of modifying the extractor if I don't have too, I would prefer to just use a different round.

I like the results of the DT 95 grain controlled expansion and the speer gold dot. (its close enough to 12 inches from the tests I have seen) I guess my question is since these pistols have a rep of being finicky with certain tyes of ammo, what is the choices for ones that have been proven to function reliably in the CW380?