CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

I'm new here and I'm here to learn.
    I got a great deal on a PM 45, out the door for just over 600 bucks. We just moved into our new house so i haven't had time to clean or take it to the range. This is the "stiffest" gun I've ever owned. Last night I tried to rack some HP ammo through; none of them cycled by hand. Is this common before a break in period?

Once Again, I'm happy to be here.

Welcome! Lots of good info and good folks here.

These guns are tight as tight can be when they're new. Once you shoot it some it'll loosen up considerably.

Load by locking it back, inserting a mag and hitting the slide lock/release.
    As Skyflydive (active dude ain't he) mentioned it will loosen a bit but it will always be on the stiff side.

If done properly and with gusto one can chamber a round normally. They are small, not much to grab onto so it's an acquired technique. Short stroke it and it will balk on you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome! New member here as well, i did notice a sticky thread with new kahr prep at the top of the forum which had some good info it.