Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member in KY

I get mine from Fusion. They have lots of different screws and packages of the o rings as well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey Ed, I went ahead and ordered the 1911 grip screws w/ o rings. When you got your o-rings at big box store did you take one of the screws in an try it on different ones or did you buy a just and assorted pack and use which ones you need. Also if you use the o-rings does that mean no blue Loctite?

I bought a small assortment - it was like $5.

Think it was the #5 or #6 that wound up being the ones I used.

I've since bought a larger assortment from Harbor Freight that was around $10. The o-rings eventually flatten out, and with taking the grips off occasionally to keep things underneath free from rust, I figured its a good thing to have on hand.

No loctite necessary when you use o-rings. No need to crank the screws down hard either - works really well. The hardest part is putting the little things on the screws - its a snug fit.

https://vzgrips.com/o-rings

I think I ordered 5 packs of these last time. At 2 bucks a set of four, it's not bad and they are all the correct size.

Fusion also has them but they are a bit more and now for some strange reason they are white, which really don't matter since they pretty much don't show once the grip screw is installed.

You will need the longer screws, the original factory ones won't be long enough to compensate for the o ring.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks guys, you are both very helpful. I will post a picture once I get the new grip screws on! Once a little more money comes in I'll be ordering the Wolff guide rod and springs as well.