CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side plates

Default side plates

...seems like the grip frame mounted serial number plates are the wave of the future???? They are not my taste but no big deal I guess. I do like the brown and tan tho. Photo credit Kahr.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

That huge plate on the larger guns is an eye sore. I guess it's a by-product of the rail "that everybody wanted".
    Looks like it was done by a bean counter, instead of someone with an aesthetic eye. If it does prove to be the wave of the future, I already have in my possession the last new polymer Kahr I'll purchase.
    Regards,
    Greg

That will also be the end of the DIY Covert pistols
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yup, it's ugly. Aesthetics aside, it's highly functional. A quick scan of the QR code, and you have the manufacture date of the gun. They could associate all kinds of info to that QR code. Service history, who assembled it, etc.

Gangsta types probably like it - a quick pry with a razor knife and a stolen gun becomes untraceable.

Slap a hunk of bicycle inner tube on the grip, and it's outta sight - outta mind. Not a deal breaker for me.

I don't like it at all! Only reinforces my love for wood and steel. I used inner tube before and it felt fine but looked ugly. So I just stippled to my own taste. Feels good, looks good. Looking good is very important.
    Just trying to adapt to tupperware, haven't even started to welcome all these unnatural colors.
    Black or stainless natural. Green in Jeepsters case but only his case, he's a little different.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, unsure why they just couldn't put the serial number on the side of the frame opposite the "Kahr Arms Worcester Mass".... Would be less intrusive although could snag in a holster I suppose.
    Last edited by JethrosDad; 08-25-2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    Yeah, unsure why they just couldn't put the serial number on the side of the frame opposite the "Kahr Arms Worcester Mass".... Would be less intrusive although could snag in a holster I suppose.
    ^^^ that would make too much sense.
    ​O|||||||O

My thought was that they moved it to the grip to discourage people from chopping the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

That will also be the end of the DIY Covert pistols
    What?

Some folks cut the grip down to the next smaller model size. Have the extra barrel length but less grip to conceal.

I've bob tailed a few 1911's but not sure I got the guts to do a covert. Nice idea and concept but I'd be afraid.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Now you've got me thinking. It would be worth trying on a kel-tek or taurus to see how it goes. Since it's just for experimenting, trimming the magazine down to fit would be the next step. Hmm...