Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger on CW380

I am relatively new to Kahr arms but I shot a brand new one and the trigger did have a really gritty pull to it, after inspecting the frame I noticed that the trigger bar spring was not sliding smoothly along the trigger bar and was kind of catching on it causing the tough gritty pull, after about 50 shots the trigger smoothed out and the pull feels like it dropped by at least 2 lbs to the "Kahr trigger" we all know and love.

Could be that, otherwise I agree with berettabone and it sounds like the case is solved.

If she wants a pocket 380 I was handling some at the LGS today and the Remington RM380 had one of the easiest slides to rack I have ever seen on a pocket pistol, felt good in the hand too.

I guess I have found the solution. Sell the Kahr and get her a Ruger. Too bad, though. The Kahr CW is a nice little gun

Some of those Apex kits they are selling are making some downright dangerous carry pieces for certain shooters. Too light a trigger pull for carry. I solved my wife's gun problem with this. She didn't want all of the mechanics, but wanted a nice trigger pull. Fluff and buff, spring change and it's real close to my MK.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sure is purrty beretta, what model Ruger is that? I need to get into wheel guns, most of mine are plastic fantastic semi-autos.

Looks like a Wiley Clapp SP-101. Sweet.

I'm going through similar issues with finding a defensive pistol that my Sister will actually carry.

She has a Ruger SP-101 that she loves to shoot, but rarely carries. Too heavy she says. It's her home defense gun.

She liked my Bodyguard 380, bought one and does actually carry it. She's not fond of the trigger, but she's accurate enough for social work.

She shoots my CW380 really well, but has a tough time with racking the slide. She loves the trigger - she thinks it's just like her SP-101.

Final solution (hopefully) - the LCP II. I'll take her to the range in the next few days to see how this goes, but she thinks it's perfect so far...

IMHO, the easiest/most comfortable firearms to carry, also have the lousiest triggers and the lousiest sights. When my wife was looking for a firearm to purchase for carry, she answered her own question. " She said, " I realize that the stats show that most defensive situations occur in 3 seconds or less, and at close proximities, but what if it's longer......and farther?".............and I said, " That's WHY I don't carry a mouse gun for protection." Not every situation is the "standard" situation. I owned a BG for a short while and she shot that. I owned a Beretta 84fs and she shot that. She handled many firearms(over 100) in many calibers. I am glad that my wife chose, on her own, to sacrifice size and comfort for power and trigger and accuracy. No fumbling with an FTF. Just keep pulling the trigger. Has your sister tried a Remora holster? The wifey carries with one and it's been the best thing for her. The way they make women's pants, makes it very easy to carry without a belt. No belt and soft feel.................................I wish I could carry my firearms like that.
    Last edited by berettabone; 08-27-2017 at 12:58 PM.

There's no perfect small 380:

LCP is not easy to rack for some people but has a good trigger. Recoil is also an issue.

CW380 can be darn near impossible to rack but has a nice trigger.

RM380 is really easy to rack and amazingly little recoil but has a long trigger pull (pull weight can be lightened with spring change but length can't be changed).

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrews View Post
    I guess I have found the solution. Sell the Kahr and get her a Ruger. Too bad, though. The Kahr CW is a nice little gun
    Why does it have to be a .380?????????????

I'll stick with my CW380. It is hard to rack, but I carry with one in the chamber so no need to rack. Since the first 100 rounds it has been flawless. Over 1200 rounds through it, so when can you call any gun completely reliable? I am satisfied with the reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Has your sister tried a Remora holster?
    Oh yeah. Her favorite carry gun is a Glock 43 - set up just like mine. She shoots that astoundingly well. She likes shooting my Kahr 9s as well, but again, racking the slide is a challenge for her. She really likes to carry off body in her purse. I'm having a REALLY tough time weaning her off that. She has a couple of those holster purses that she loves. She likes the Remora the most for IWB carry of the Glock, but she's like 100 lbs soaking wet. I have an easier time concealing my Beretta M9 than she does concealing her Glock. Sometimes she just needs something small and easier to conceal than her G43, hence the LCP II.

She's still a work in progress, but at least she now carries with a round in the chamber, and she doesn't leave the house unarmed at all anymore. I'm absolutely done with hearing "But if I'm with you, you'll protect me..."