Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger on CW380

Default Trigger on CW380

I bought a CW380 for my wife recently. She took it out back and came back in saying she could not pull the trigger. So I took it out and could see why not. You need to pull the trigger all the way until it is only a hair from the back of the trigger guard. This is way too much travel and also too much trigger pull. Can I send it back to Kahr to look at it? Does anyone else have that issue?

Kahrs are known for their long DA trigger. If it cycles normally I'd say there's nothing abnormal with it. Check YouTube for a review where the trigger pull is demonstrated so you can compare to yours. Oh, welcome to the forum. I'm sure others will be along shortly with pics of their own, but YouTube can get you started.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Thats the normal revolver like trigger pull. Not really anything that can be done about the trigger break point. Note that the long pull is the only safety.

The trigger should be long but not very heavy. Its not overly heavy is it? If its really heavy there may be an issue.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Default Cw380 trigger

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Thats the normal revolver like trigger pull. Not really anything that can be done about the trigger break point. Note that the long pull is the only safety.

The trigger should be long but not very heavy. Its not overly heavy is it? If its really heavy there may be an issue.
    I have four other Semi's. The worst is the KahrCW380. next worse is the Taurus PT738. I bought a Cobra Denali which is useless. I was looking for a .380 for my wife, but the DA triggers are way too hard for her since she has Arthritis. I think my only solution would to be to buy a revolver for her. I cannot figure out why they can't put a trigger on a little .380 that would fire at about 50 or 60 % of travel. I bought a Ruger LC9S yesterday that has a perfect trigger. Right now, that's her gun. Just because a gun does not have a manual safety does not mean that the trigger travel has to hit the rear of the trigger guard to fire. A trigger pull of 3-1/2 to 5 lbs is enough for a woman. The Kahr I have is around 7 lbs. Don't get me wrong. I like the gun, but if my wife can't operate it I need to get rid of it and look elsewhere. Kahr ought to have figured that out by now. Ruger has. And Apex is selling trigger kit's like mad, because most double action Semi's have lousy trigger's, and people are upgrading a lot. Just common sense..

You could always pick up a Sig P238. Easy to rack and single action only.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Welcome.

I've seen complaints where the trigger needs pulled all the way back to the frame. And then you have to squeeze like the dickens to get the striker to release. That would indicate a problem and the gun should go back for repair. But if the travel is simply long and it requires no extra effort for the gun to fire, that's normal. As mentioned it's part of the design and a safety feature.
    ​O|||||||O

Every Kahr I've ever tried had a much easier trigger than any revolver I've ever tried.

I'm wondering if there's something wrong. They are not heavy. Long but very smooth and not heavy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ correct. Trigger pull weight should be less than 7lbs. And smoooooooooth. No staging.
    ​O|||||||O

rdrews - the Ruger LCP II has a light, short trigger pull.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrews View Post
    I have four other Semi's. The worst is the KahrCW380. next worse is the Taurus PT738. I bought a Cobra Denali which is useless. I was looking for a .380 for my wife, but the DA triggers are way too hard for her since she has Arthritis. I think my only solution would to be to buy a revolver for her. I cannot figure out why they can't put a trigger on a little .380 that would fire at about 50 or 60 % of travel. I bought a Ruger LC9S yesterday that has a perfect trigger. Right now, that's her gun. Just because a gun does not have a manual safety does not mean that the trigger travel has to hit the rear of the trigger guard to fire. A trigger pull of 3-1/2 to 5 lbs is enough for a woman. The Kahr I have is around 7 lbs. Don't get me wrong. I like the gun, but if my wife can't operate it I need to get rid of it and look elsewhere. Kahr ought to have figured that out by now. Ruger has. And Apex is selling trigger kit's like mad, because most double action Semi's have lousy trigger's, and people are upgrading a lot. Just common sense..
    It sounds like you already found her perfect trigger. Case solved.......................