Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: 9mm

Default 9mm

Has this been already discussed ?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/25/in...-thompson-9mm/

First I've heard of it. I've seen them in 40 before but never 9. Might be good. Hopefully they lightened it up some.
    I love my Thompson but she's a heavy beast.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

They write that "The frame and receiver are machined from a solid billet of aluminum and the buttstock, grip and vertical fore grip are all made from American Walnut." Since I never handled one, would there be a big difference in the weight between yours and the 9mm ?

Hard to say really. I don't think there was much difference in the 40's I held but that was long long ago.
    The bolt alone is unbelievably heavy. They might have to lighten that a bit for the lesser power of the 9 but again maybe not.
    If they left the outside dimensions the same it might actually be heavier since there would be more barrel thickness.
    They are very heavy. You see the war movies (watched Saving Private Ryan for about the 6th time today). You see them whipping them around like they are plastic and they probably are slightly lighter due to the correct 10'' barrels but they are really heavy.

Weighed mine once but forget now, but I'd bet it's 12 or 13 pounds easy and maybe even more. Certainly more with a full drum.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."