Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: CM9 review after a few trips to the range and 200 rounds

Default CM9 review after a few trips to the range and 200 rounds

I bought a CM9 from Bud's this summer when they had them for $259 and Kahr was offering a free magazine. Yesterday I took it out for the fourth time and put the 200th round through it.

My experience? It is a very good shooting reliable concealed gun. It gets easier to breakdown and reassemble each time, probably as much from me figuring it out as the gun breaking in. I have not had a single FTF or FTE using 115 grain Federal and Perfecta range ammo and Hornady self-defense store-bought ammo. The one change I made from out of the box stock was adding a Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve I had bought for another little pistol and never used. The hard plastic stock grip was more textured than was comfortable for me, but with the Hogue it is perfect.

Don't know how I could do much better when it comes to a small concealed 9mm. Would like to have more capacity, but that is always a trade off for size. If I was belt carrying I might go with my larger 9mm, but for pocket carry the Kahr is a great choice.

Congratulations! I too picked one up from Buds and am enjoying it.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Congrats kahrOK! Great price you got on it there.

Still wish I would have gotten the CM9 instead of the CW380. If no other reason than the cost of and availability of 380 ammo. Rural King has them for $279 but to me, not enough difference between the two guns to spend the money for the CM9 right now. Have two other 9mm pistols (CZ P-07 and a S&W SD9), and have to much invested in the 380 with 2 additional mags, 2 holsters and a several hundred rounds of ammo to take a beating selling or trading it in. One will come around at the right price someday and I will grab it.

Or plan on getting both. Thats my plan

I started my Kahr addiction with a CW380 as well. That's what made me want the CM9. Now that I have both I see myself selling other guns before selling a Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    Or plan on getting both. Thats my plan
    I like the way you think! (I've got both.)

ETA: They really serve different purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

have you tried pocket carry with a 7rd. mag? I wear either trailhiker pants or shorts, which have fairly ample front pockets. I've found that I can pocket carry my CM9 w/7rd. mags w/wo a Lakeland +1 base plate ( which doesn't seem to print anymore then 6rd. mag w/ finger extn.) and still be able to draw w/o a problem.
    that gives me 9rd. in the CM9 and another 8rd. on the belt; more then a fully loaded G19.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Just what I like to hear about the break in period. I recently picked a PM 45, and man it's hard to get it back together. I haven't had a chance for any range time yet, but I sure she'll loosen up after a few hundred rounds.

Happy Trails to All.