CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Stainless Guide Rod For CW9. Yea Or Nay?

Default Stainless Guide Rod For CW9. Yea Or Nay?

I was looking at those stainless guide rods on Lakeline's site and they look pretty interesting. Anyone have one on their CW9 and have any thoughts?

Am curious myself. Have never replaced anything in my first three Kahrs, as they never get fired much. Since acquiring a new CW9 recently (still haven't shot it yet) I might consider something like the stainless steel guide rods.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I ordered one from my new CW9 from Lakeline yesterdat. It should be here after labor day, If you want I can post some pictures when I get it and give you my impressions.

The feller who runs Lakeline is a frequent poster on the forums so maybe you could talk to him about it.

Alfonse won't steer ya wrong.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm a big fan of Lakeline products. Their guide rods are the best money can buy, IMO.

Kahr now sells them on their website, so they must agree as well.

So got the Lakeline guide rod earlier than expected. The craftsmanship is top notch. Very uniform, smooth, and solid feeling. I was highly impressed with the quality of the guide rod. The fit was perfect, and definitely improves the look of the pistol.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Guide rod - muy bueno.

Is the cerakote chipping off already?

I realized it looked like that after I uploaded the pictures...thankfully its not chipping. That shiny spot is just some left over oil from where I cleaned it up for the photos.

The photos don't do the burnt bronze justice. It is a really sweet looking pistol, it also comes with black trigger and black slide stop lever which set it off. I'm going to post a thread with some pictures once I get my new slide cover plate as I haven't seen many threads on here with pictures of the burnt bronze Kahrs.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Hey, thanks for all the pictures JethrosDad! Looks great!

EDIT: You pushed me over the edge Jethrosdad! I just ordered one.

I was checking my stock rod which has only been through a few rounds and it already has a few scratches on it. The stainless rod is a harder steel and should eliminate that. Glad I went for it.