Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM9 going back to Kahr

Default CM9 going back to Kahr

OK, the CM9 is going back. It's a year old with a little over 2000 rounds. Since I've owned it it would fail to fire every now and then - no strike on the primer - and I blamed range ammo. Last week it started doing it every 3 or 4 rounds. Tried several different kinds of ammo with the same results. Eject the round, put it in the next mag and it fires. I hate to send it back but it's not reliable.

I hear good things about Kahr service and really hope they can fix whatever is wrong with it. I'll let you know.

Maybe a dumb question, but have you been keeping the striker channel clean and free of oil?

I have kept it clean using pressurized cleaner. Finally disassembled the slide for a thorough cleaning - it wasn't really dirty so I guess the compressed cleaner works ok.

I filled out the online form on Kahr's web site on Sunday and got a return label two days later. Not bad.

The gun went back Friday with a note to allow two weeks to repair. I hope they fix it as I really like the little gun. It's going to take some rounds down range before I feel confident carrying again.

I really hope Kahr takes good care of you. As a new cm9 owner I am want to see how it all turns out.

Yeah I'm curious to see how it all turns out. I love my new CM9 but I get a bit nervous hearing things like this. Good Luck!

Maybe a weak striker spring. I think they'll take care of you. Let us know how it goes.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I thought about a weak spring so I bought Galloway's kit with springs and steel striker guide. It made the trigger a little lighter but no change in fails. Had to take it all apart and put factory parts in before I sent it back.

Got an email yesterday saying they had the gun so we see how long turn around is.

yep, just bought a CM9 lat month. After 50 rounds the barrel plating started de-laminating. Kahr replaced it in about 10 days. now after 300 rounds both mags fail to lock back the slide after the last round. the 7 round mag's follower appears to be cracked. So the mags were shipped today. It makes me nervous too. I really want to like this gun. We'll see....

How did you like the change the Galloway kit made to the trigger?