Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9 going back to Kahr

Took my CM9 to the range and put 100 rounds of range ammo and a handful of +P through it and it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. I still need to put a few hundred through it before I feel it's dependable but so far so good.

5 weeks isn't too bad I guess. Springfield is slower than that.

Good to here it seems to be working better now.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Dave c,
    What did you think of it without all the distracting failures?

Put another 150 rounds through it today and it fired every time. I'm starting to feel better about it.

I spent the last 5 weeks shooting SA and going back to the DA on my CM9 was a little embarrassing until I got used to it.

Overall I liked my Kahr, the size was what I wanted, the price was really low considering what I got. If I was going to nit pick little things, the magazines had some rough spots on the feed lips and bottom that needed attention and lining up the marks to disassemble took a little practice. All in all it was a nice pocket carry pistol.

OK, I'm starting to feel a little better about my CM9 repair. Ran another 200 through it today bringing the total since repaired to 500. I've been feeding the it crappiest of the crappy to gourmet ammo to see what happens. Just for laughs I put some TulAmmo through it - 2 feed issues which I'm comfortable blaming on the ammo. I had one light strike on Winchester white, 2nd run through the round fired. I haven't cleaned it since I got it back so it doesn't seem to be fussy about firing dirty.

It seems it can go back into the EDC rotation.

So... I'm still not clear on what they did other than replace the trigger bar. Maybe I missed it. But I don't understand how that would cause light primer strikes.

Glad things are going well with your CM9. My Cm9 is my most reliable pistol.

Me neither - the slide now goes on without wiggling, they cleaned up a ragged area on the frame where the slide was rubbing and the slide release is now really stiff. Seems like a lot more was done than just replacing the trigger bar.

I've got a cw380 that was having intermittent light primer strikes, primary with my reloads. Without going into the details, I eventually figured out that it was happening when the gun was out of battery in an almost imperceivable way. I changed one thing about my reloads (.001" more crimp) and the problem went away.

Maybe all the flash that was causing it to be difficult to put the slide on was also effecting the way the slide cycled just enough for it to be just a hair out of battery. Then, because your trigger bar was out of spec, it wasn't actuating the rest of the trigger mechanism enough to make the striker hit the primer.

OR...

And this is a strong possibility...

I'm just talking out my a$$ with wild speculation that adds no value to this thread. 😀

To be fair to Kahr, the repaired CM9 has had another 500 rounds through it with no fail to fires.

Kahr trigger bars are a soft stamped metal, I've broken two in half on my pm9 and replaced a worn one on my pm45. They brake at one of the bends and the reset tab wears. The rental Kahrs at my local range experiences a number of broken trigger bars.

Now that you have 500 through your pistol, it's time to check the striker channel and clean out the crud from primer smear.