Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any KelTec Owners here??

Excellent informative post Greg (as usual). That's one nasty looking bullet. I didn't know what an Extreme Cavitator was. I don't much care to get hit by one of them, any other 380, probably don't matter much.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just got to the range with the little p3at. Plenty accurate at 7 yards. Shot 100 rounds like a champ. Wouldnt want to be on the business end of it, thats for sure.

P_20170915_092751.jpg
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Target looks like the bullets are keyholing?
    Nice little group.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Not sure what keyholing is, ill have to google it.

The targets I shot with my Kahr CW9 look the same though. Using cheapo aguila FMJ for both .380 and 9mm
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Keyholing is when the bullets go through the target sideways. The bullet apparently isn't stabilized and spinning on it's axis, but tumbling end over end.

I don't know why a 380 would do that. It also might just be the photo or the paper tearing making it appear to be keyholing.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

could it be due to shooting against an unsupported paper target? At the indoor range we just clip the target to the doo-dad at the top of the post.

Could very well be just that.
    The paper is just tearing instead of making a clean hole.

Put a cardboard backing or shoot a pumpkin or melon or something and it will tell for sure if that's the case.

I suspect your right in that it's just the target.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I've found that lower powered rounds combined with an unsupported paper target can often tear the paper, giving the appearance of keyholing. So I think I'm agreeing with what you all are saying here

More to the topic at hand, I bought a gen 2 brand new P32 a while ago because it has a very good reputation for reliability. I have not been disappointed. It's very light, thin, and easy shooting. Mine has the parkerized slide.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]I'd
    Here's some Xtreme Cavitator in one of my mags with the kit installed:

Regards,
    Greg
    Say Greg - Your magazine looks a lot like my standard RM380 mag that has this "baffle" insert. It must be from Rohrbaugh's original 9mm design. Both their 9mm & .380 pistols were the same dimensions as were the magazines, but they put the insert in to accommodate the shorter 9X17 cartridge.

Remington obviously did not change that feature after they bought out Rohrbaugh in 2014. Makes me wonder if they will introduce a 9mm with the same RM platform?

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I have a P-32 that my daughter likes to shoot. Not much recoil and it works.