Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any KelTec Owners here??

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I don't see the point in 32s. The gun is almost the size of a 380 and the punch is so much less.
    not quite.... the .32 isnt as far as you think behind a .380, it carrys one more round and is SUPER LIGHT.. in fact has replaced my LCP...and im sure you wouldnt want to be in front of the business end of a .32
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    You guys have piqued my interest in the p32. Are they still making them, cant find any at the usual online gun outlets?
    yes they are... KT is making guns in cycles, they only make so many of each rather then flood the market with them... you will see prices come down a little once they release a certain batch of guns, then as they start selling and become more scarce it seems prices start climbing.... You will love the P32 its one of my all time favorite guns and is super reliable right out the gate.... I run Fiocchi 73grn FMJ as defense, looking to get the extreme cavitator as it has very impressive testing..
    RIP Muggsy

Interesting info lastdaze. Ill keep an eye out for when a new batch of p32s pop up.

I never understood the hate for .32ACP, it descended from the holy hands of messiah John Browning himself lol. Plus it served well for many years for european police forces and armies.

This xtreme cavitator looks really neat too. Damn, something else to add to the wish list.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

the trigger is a long da but perfect for cc... in fact i carry mine with the pocket clip at 4oclock most the time without a trigger guard, holster or any such nonesense to add bulk and weight... yes its hot but feel 100% confident it will never under any circumstances discharge...before carrying like this a couple years ago i tried to make gun go off (empty of course) i was grabbing at trigger through pants etc, never would go off...

since then Ive bought a clip draw for my G43 but have yet to fashion a MIC trigger guard for it so i can carry this way... the 43 trigger is much lighter, me no trusty like that

$8 for KT clip direct from KT, aftermarket clip draw for Glock was $29 no bueno...
    RIP Muggsy

I had an early Gen 1 P32 with hard chrome slide and a standard Gen 1 P3AT. The P32 was a great little gun that ran smooth as butter. Carried it for a couple of years. Never did warm up to the .380, as it was hit of miss on reliability. Traded them both off, but do miss the P32. It was a midget compared to my LCP.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

So I just went back to the dark side.

Just picked up my new Kel-Tec P3AT I won on gunbroker from local pawn shop. $148 + tax. Ordered some traction grips, new magazine, and desantis nemesis holster and were just about at the $200 dollar mark.

I love Kahr but as anyone who has been on this site for more than 30 seconds has seen their little .380s have had their issues. I ultimately want a Kahr p380 but decided to wait a bit until most of the guns floating around out there have the new extractor and go through that new chamber diameter checking thing that was mentioned on another thread.

I was looking hard at the Remington RM380 because I wanted last shot slide hold open but ultimately the incredibly cheap price made me go with the P3AT. It will suffice until I upgrade to the P380
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    not quite.... the .32 isnt as far as you think behind a .380, it carrys one more round and is SUPER LIGHT.. in fact has replaced my LCP...and im sure you wouldnt want to be in front of the business end of a .32
    Agreed... The P32 is just a smidge smaller and lighter than the P3AT, holds one more round, and has MUCH less recoil. Back before WW2 when Colt was selling the Pocket Hammerless Model M the .32 version outsold the .380 version by about three to one. There is very little difference in effectiveness between a .32 FMJ and .380 FMJ, and the lighter recoil and added round of capacity (8 rounds as opposed to 7) were big selling factors.

Today with the improvements in JHP ammo the .380 is pulling ahead of the .32, but it's still pretty close.

I owned a P32 and sold it about 15 years ago when I got a P3AT. I did this because everything I read indicated that a .380 round was about 50% more powerful than a .32 ACP. This reflected information available 15 years ago and data for both calibers were based on longer test barrels than the tiny Kel-Tecs, if that matters.

I am curious to know the source of the information on the .32 being more effective than a .380. If so, I and the numerous manufacturers of .380s have been misinformed. It happens, as we learned from Humphrey Bogart, as Rick, in Casablanca:

Captain Renault
    : What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick
    : My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed.
    Last edited by finpro; 09-12-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Having had 6 other KT firearms since 2005, the P32 is the only one left at the house. I bought it for my wife, and she wants to keep it. I do have to be careful to load one (shorter oal) hollow point in the chamber and one on the top of the stack in the magazine to avoid rim lock, but she still likes it. I could rig up the "Flyer Wire" in the back of the magazine to hold the shorter oal hollow points a bit forward to avoid rim lock, but the cheaper round nose (longer oal) cartridges would no longer be loadable. That's the big issue with the semi-rimmed .32 acp cartridge.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Default KelTec Owner?

Not me...I still have some pride left. Not much, mind you, but at least a wee bit.
    NRA Benefactor