CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: "5 Small Dots" on Kahr K9 Slide................ ? ? ?

Default "5 Small Dots" on Kahr K9 Slide................ ? ? ?

I just gave the new-to-me Kahr K9 I got recently a thorough cleaning... It shot fine when I put 50 rounds through it, but the striker channel was filthy and had some metal shavings in it -- many more than I'd want in there too, so I am glad it's clean now.

For the life of me, despite all the prior Kahr's I've owned (PM9, P40 Covert and P9 Covert), I don't ever recall seeing what this pattern of "5 Dots" on the bottom of the slide, just forward of the ejection port mean...

Any ideas ? ? ?

Oh, and please don't tell me that it went back to Kahr 5 times.............. (Or if so, was it "Inspected by Gunsmith No 5"???)

The gun shoots GREAT and carries really well, and I can't find anything wrong with it. Not that I am "looking" for a problem, but those dots do have me curious...

Thanks!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Never seen that before but I'll see if I can find out. Maybe someone else here has seen it?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I wouldn't worry about it. It is not affecting any function, can't be seen on the outside of the gun when assembled, it looks random and it is probably just a tool mark left there during the building of the slide. Don't sweat the small stuff. There are enough other problems to worry about.

Looks like a No7

Destiny.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Looks like a No7

Destiny.......
    LOL, now that's too funny!

Just thought of this -- maybe it's the marks from some type of "Hardness Test" or something like that. I think I've seen posts about similar marks in some SIGs, if I recall.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I have 5 larger one's on another non Kahr firearm..........................don't know??????????????????

I Just checked and found this info over on SIG Talk, with images of small dimples that look very similar to mine -- only I have 4 more -- it's a Kahr, after all.

"A Brinell hardness test uses a spherical-shaped penetrator to make the indentation. This type of hardness test makes a shallow concave dent in the surface of the item under test.

A Rockwell A, C, or D hardness test uses a conical penetrator to make the indentation. This type of test makes marks comparable to what a center punch leaves."

Old No7

My confidential source says hardness testing marks. No secret pattern or anything.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna -- mystery solved.

Old No7

I had heard that Kahr had a contest that the owner of the mystery dots would be the winner!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”