CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun

Thread: Burnt Bronze CW9

Default Burnt Bronze CW9

Hey guys, thought I would post a new thread detailing the burnt bronze CW9 as I haven't seen many posts about it. I was a little hesitant at first but the sale price was so good and with the free magazine promotion I couldn't help myself. I am glad I bought it. It is an excellent looking gun and will make a great EDC.

I had some issues at first with the rear slide plate being stuck on which was fixed with some 400 grit sandpaper in the rails which had metal burring. The difficult removal caused terrible marring of the rear slide plate but I bought a custom one from NDZ performance (I wish Alfonse made slide plates I would have got one from him). The product from NDZ performance appears of high quality. It is black anodized aluminum and the fit was great. Unsure of the longevity of it but time will tell.

The other upgrade is the stainless steel guide rod from Alfonse at Lakeline. Enough said about that. Excellent product. I posted some pictures of that in another thread a few days ago.

The factory Cerakote finish is uniform in color, appears well done. The color is actually darker than the pictures lead you to believe. There is a slight metallic flake that is very pleasing but not overbearing. I also did a slight buff to the feed ramp but left the factory finish on the barrel. The gun also features black slide stop level and black trigger which look sharp against the black frame and bronze slide. If the finish wears off the slide the upside is it's still a stock stainless steel CW9 underneath haha.

I hope that these pictures are helpful and the post was informative

Attached Images Attached Images
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Tastefully done - looks nice!

I like the fact that Kahr made the trigger and slide lock black on that model.

On the flip side, Bawanna mentioned in a post in the General forum that Kahr is offering special dealer pricing on P series guns. Browsing Bud's online prices, I see that the P380 prices have dropped dramatically. They're almost down to value series prices of a year ago. This does not bode well for my wallet...

Very nice. Keep us informed how the finish holds up...almost got one in the CM9, but could not find anyone that had one to get input from. Always room for another ...maybe a CW this time.

Thanks Ed. I really like it too. Almost makes me want to put it in the safe and get one of the "low cost" P series for carry... My wife might kill me though.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Nice lookin' pistol. The CW9 is just the right size and can really pack an 8 round punch if loaded with some good +P ammo. Love the little replacement plate with the Texas battle flag logo. It's very popular hereabouts too - my Colt .45.....

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Sweet looking piece armybrat! I like it!

Always been fond of that one myself. Very sweet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."