Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 bait and switch?

CZ's are nice!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've owned several Glocks, most went to cops who needed them more than me. I don't currently have any.

If the planets align I might one day get a 19 with the MOS set up for a dot sight. Probably even more so if they ever make that set up for a 45.

I think the 19 is about the best size of them all. Same with the 23 of course but I'm pretty much done with 40.

There will be no Gen 5 in my life, prefer a Gen 3 if I can find one when the time is right. I like the finger grooves.
    Nice thing about the 23, and the 27 for that matter, is it can be drop in rebarreled to 9mm whenever feel like.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Nice thing about the 23, and the 27 for that matter, is it can be drop in rebarreled to 9mm whenever feel like.
    That's interesting, hadn't thought of that. I do have quite a bit of 40 ammo to use up. The 23 handles 40 pretty nice, has enough size and grip to be manageable. I'll have to consider that.
    Thanks for jogging my small mind.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Well...I hate the finger grooves.
    I have a Gen3 model 19, and it's not a bad gun, I shoot it okay, but my fingers don't fit the grooves. Had been looking for a Gen2, or maybe grinding off the finger bumps. A local gun reviewer, Sootch00, says the Gen 5 trigger is about a pound heaver, 6.5 vs 5.5, but that the new trigger is much improved, not so mushy, crisper, slight stacking.

Glock reports the old barrel was good for 4" groups at 25 yds, new barrel, 4" groups at 50 yards. Maybe it's not the rifling, but the manufacturing method that gives the improvements, local Glock dealer said the new barrel is "straighter", whatever that means.

-Ken
    Maybe just hype. My 25 year old Glock 17 Gen 2 has no finger grooves and polygonal barrel both of which suit me.

I doubt there's much measurable velocity difference with the l&g barrel but what difference there is, the poly will be a slightly faster. My guess is they decided l&g rifled barrels cost less to make and the difference in performance didn't justify the added expense of the poly barrels, especially since they were competing on cost for the armed forces contract.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I really tried to like Glocks. I bought a Gen4 19, and like most I see at our range, it shot center right by an inch or two. Don't tell me to move the sight as I hate sights on a gun pounded way off to one side or another. I added a Grip Force Adapter and a nice set of Meprolite sights. The shots centered up but the gun still was not what I wanted so I sold it to a buddy and moved on.
    I will stick with Sigs when I need a hi capacity 9mm.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I love the look of Sigs, wanted a 220 SAS so badly. Had a 9 for awhile but like the glock for you it just didn't work for me. The decocker just was wrong for me. Hands too small or something.

They actually feel good in my hand but I just don't shoot them well at all. I must have a SIG curse or something.
    Had basically the same thing when the HK's came out, thought I had to have one. Minute I picked one up, I put it right back down and knew it wasn't meant for me. I think it was an early USP. Controls about like the transmission in a Peterbilt tractor truck.
    Those that carry them, our armed prison guards carry them and love them like nothing else. Just not for me I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Probably another reason why you like 1911's. Longer narrower grip. Having average hand size and long fingers, I still thought that Glock, Sig, and HK's were a bit large for me in the grip dept. The Sig 220 SAS that I owned was a great firearm, just too stocky in the grip. Same with USP's, great firearm, would love to own one, but again, too large in the grip. Can't reach controls very easily. Then I picked up an HK P2000SK. An HK that I can actually say fits like a glove. I am one of the unfortunate in my book, as far as hand size. Makes it more difficult for me to purchase firearms that I would like to own. If I had my druthers, I would probably own nothing but Sig or HK..................and my MK

I love the looks of that Sig M11-A1. Wouldn't mind having one of those. To what Berettabone was saying about the Glock grip I have to agree, it just didnt fit so good.

The best pistol grip I think I have is the HK P30SK. Its way nicer than it should be. It has all those grip panels where you make it just like you want it. It has a 2 finger grip but so help me it fills the palm of the hand so that even with the pinky extention mag installed you dont even need your pinky. Thats the only HK I have ever owned or shot so I don't know how the others are.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The P30SK does have a nice grip. When you use the flat, or extended mag plate, you can still fit some pinkie. I notice with my P2SK, with the pinkie base plate, I can get my whole hand on the grip, and unlike some other models(ahem) if you inadvertently press on the bottom of the magazine, it doesn't give you any feed issues. For me, the P30 felt pretty good, the wife said that it was one of the best for her. I think maybe a HK45 compact could fit my bill for grip. Been eyeing for a while. Just so much denaro..................................

Oooooo..... HK45..... There is one relatively near by me on armslist ive been eyeballing recently. LNIB HK45 compact and the price isnt bad compared to new but still denaro as you mentioned.

Good thing he's not in town or I'd have a bigger hole i my wallet. Got to take the wife somewhere for anniversary next week so I'll be even less likely to have the money for it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/