Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Know I'm An Old F**t But...

Default I Know I'm An Old F**t But...

Is it just me or does anyone else here find it a bear reinstalling the guide rod and spring in their CW9 during reassembly? The video on Kahr's site makes it look so easy but it's a bear for me.

I know I'm not as strong as I used to be, (I'm pushing 70), and it always takes me several tries to get the dang thing on. Must be a technique to it or I'm just a weakling.

Also at age 70,some days for me are better than others, in all things.

You know kwh, you're right about that.

I don't think it is you. I'm less than half of 70 and it is pretty tough, dang thing is tight, but totally worth it for that reduced recoil.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

I'm 72, and everything is getting tougher to assemble, open, or even see.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I've seen people of all ages struggle with it. I think it comes down to technique.

Yall make me seem like a wee lass at a mere 63 next month. Don't feel like a wee lass, that's for plumb positive sure but we get by however we can.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Gebe View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else here find it a bear reinstalling the guide rod and spring in their CW9 during reassembly? The video on Kahr's site makes it look so easy but it's a bear for me.

I know I'm not as strong as I used to be, (I'm pushing 70), and it always takes me several tries to get the dang thing on. Must be a technique to it or I'm just a weakling.
    If I remember correctly, making sure the open point of the spring is facing 12 o'clock (12 o'clock being the direction of the barrel) makes installing the guide rod a little easier. It's still challenging some days though. I was struggling just the other day putting my cm9 back together for no good reason at all.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I am too. Get over it and move on. Do things different.

I learned in school the design limits of our bodies was 49.5 years. Modern medicine has increased life expectancy but not changed the design of the structure to keep pace. Not possible without genetic engineering.

Older folks like me just have to adapt. Strange but my mouse guns, like P380 and LCP, are the hardest to manipulate. Easiest is my 1911.