Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Slide stuck on CW380

Default Slide stuck on CW380

Just got a brand new CW380. After reading all the horror stories of first range trips, I decided to give the gun a good cleaning and lubing per the guides on this forum. During reassembly, the slide became stuck and won't budge one way or the other. I'm not a novice to semi auto handguns and have been disassembling and reassembling them for over 25 years. I'm sure the rails were lined up perfectly. Any advice is greatly appreciated. The slide was never fully retracted during reassembly. Never made it far enough back to even attempt reinserting the slide stop. Heck, you can still see the recoil sping and guide rod up front. Anyone have any idea of where it is catching? Thanks in advance.

Might be catching the recoil assembly, they have to be in there just right or they catch.

I'd try pulling the trigger and rocking it back and forth, more force going off than on.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks. That did the trick. Got it put back together. Even got the slide stop back in.

Awesomeness. Always a good thing when you get it all back together with no parts left over.

Glad it cooperated.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Had the exact same problem the other day when I tried to reassemble my CW380 after the initial cleaning and lube. It is still a small challenge to reassemble this gun compared to my CZs or S&W firearms. The fear of everything going wrong never happened.......first range outing was without any problems. I used Federal and Estate ammo on my first range trip. This is my first Kahr and I hear just about everyone say the same thing (especially about the 380s) ......keep it clean. Hope you have a great experience with your first trip shooting your CW 380 like I did.

Put 100 rounds through it, field stripped, meticulously cleaned and relubed it and having the same problem. The slide got stuck in the same place. I haven't used any force when reassembling. Been gently rocking the slide back and forth and up and down while pulling the trigger, alas this time it isn't working. Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

Was able to move the slide only after inserting an empty magazine. Once I inserted the magazine, I was able to work the slide with no resistance. I wonder what is catching and what inserting the empty mag actually does to fix it.

This sort of thing happened to me a few months ago after returning from the range. I never did figure out what caused it. I ended up having the smack the slide with a plastic mallet to get it to move again.

Look at this thread, especially Greg's photos in post 11, to eliminate it as a possibility in your case.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...he-Front/page2
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm