Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Miami Herald's instructions to its hurricane reporters

Default Miami Herald's instructions to its hurricane reporters

It is getting very tiresome seeing all the idiotic TV reporters showboating on every channel by standing outside in torrential rains and extreme winds just to show us rubes at home how cool & brave they are. At least the newspaper is playing it smart:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Lots of Weather Clowns out there.

We hunkered down in Jacksonville. Finall got the trees trimmed off the house, the upstairs windows covered with Fabric Shield storm panels, and installed the braces on the garage door. We have a large generator, plenty of gas, water, food, batteries, guns, and ammo. I have Kevlar helmets in our back of the closet "shelter" under the stairs with pre-positioned stuff there, too. If it's not much worse than Matthew was in October last year, we'll be fine. Wynn :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I really, really, really despise those clowns out in the weather, just hoping the eye of the storm will pass right over them, yet telling everyone else to stay inside and sheltered as it is too dangerous. I do remember one such clown who was in Gulfport, MS when Katrina came in. He pretty much regretted ever staying there even with all the warnings and I don't believe he has covered another hurricane since.

I really enjoyed my time spent down on the gulf coast but I don't miss the summers nor the hurricanes.