Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took my Sig P230 out of the safe for a few target shots.

Default Took my Sig P230 out of the safe for a few target shots.

I hadn't had the Sig P230 out for a couple of years and thought I better shoot it and then clean it. I was surprised how accurate it shoots. Much better than some of my newer and smaller guns. The P230 is a 380 cal or as it says on the barrel 9mm Kurtz, made in Germany. They are no longer in production since about 1996. I may have to put it back into rotation because the targets were tight. I didn't take any pictures but the gun is a blow-back type and recoil was very soft. It has never had a misfire or jamb since I bought it new sometime in the 1990's.

I have two of these, a stainless model and a lighter alloy frame model. I have not shot either in years, but shot the heavier model with very good accuracy years ago. Blowback designs like this are very accurate. While heavy for its capacity and .380 loading, it has fine ergonomics and would serve well for anyone wanting a .380. The alloy frame model is very light and carries will, though it has heavier recoil.

My snappy little shooter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like the metal 230 would be a great option for someone with bad arthritis!

Big fan here of the P230 and P232. I've had five of them over the years in four different models. All were special in some way. All were excellent firearms. I've kept two of them; a P232SL with Nill grips and a P230B. Sort of rare, the P230B is in .32acp, has a safety lever and lanyard loop. A neat gun.

I had a rare P232RT which was a model with the Rainbow Titanium finish. Only about 500 of them made during the "Gun of the Month" program. I had more unsolicited offers to buy that gun than any other I've ever owned. It was gorgeous.

A great gun for any collection, a beautiful, world class pistol.

Last edited by ripley16; 09-13-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Big fan here of the P230 and P232. I've had five of them over the years in four different models. All were special in some way. All were excellent firearms. I've kept two of them; a P232SL with Nill grips and a P230B. Sort of rare, the P230B is in .32acp, has a safety lever and lanyard loop. A neat gun.

I had a rare P232RT which was a model with the Rainbow Titanium finish. Only about 500 of them made during the "Gun of the Month" program. I had more unsolicited offers to buy that gun than any other I've ever owned. It was gorgeous.

A great gun for any collection, a beautiful, world class pistol.

Sounds like they talked you out of that rare gun. Hope you got a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambler View Post

My snappy little shooter.
    That wood looks great, I may have to find some grips like that foe mine. I am a fan of wood grips.

Beautiful gun!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I am never surprised when I head someones Sig is accurate and easy to shoot, especially the older ones. As a RSO/instructor at a public range I see literally every model of Sigs come into our range and 99% of the time regardless of experience the shooter is pleased with the performance of these wonderful workhorses.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I am never surprised when I head someones Sig is accurate and easy to shoot, especially the older ones. As a RSO/instructor at a public range I see literally every model of Sigs come into our range and 99% of the time regardless of experience the shooter is pleased with the performance of these wonderful workhorses.
    Now that you mention being a range/training officer, it reminded me that my Sig P230 is what I used to qualify for my Concealed Carry License. I got a good score there too.