Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took my Sig P230 out of the safe for a few target shots.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Big fan here of the P230 and P232. I've had five of them over the years in four different models. All were special in some way. All were excellent firearms. I've kept two of them; a P232SL with Nill grips and a P230B. Sort of rare, the P230B is in .32acp, has a safety lever and lanyard loop. A neat gun.

I had a rare P232RT which was a model with the Rainbow Titanium finish. Only about 500 of them made during the "Gun of the Month" program. I had more unsolicited offers to buy that gun than any other I've ever owned. It was gorgeous.

A great gun for any collection, a beautiful, world class pistol.

That .32 is very neat. I like the look of it. Congrats on owning that one (well really, all of them ).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've whittled the collection down to the .32 caliber P230 and the P232SL. I have to admit, I miss the Rainbow Titanium model. It was nice.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Those Sig wood grips are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Those Sig wood grips are beautiful!
    The first P232sl I bought came with those grips. The previous owner sold the gun to me with both those and the original grips. My brother saw the Sig and fell in love with it so I gave it to him. I went on the hunt for another stainless model for myself. When I found one I ordered a set of the wood grips from Sig. Days after they arrived I tried to order another set for the RT pistol but they were out of stock. I may have bought the last set they had. Nowadays those Nill grips, with the Sig Sauer logo, are like hens teeth. I was really lucky.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.