Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM 9 Upgrades

Default PM 9 Upgrades

Ive ordered a PM9, put a K9 on layaway. I see a lot of posts about replacing springs, guide rods, firing pins......etc
    my question is What do you recommend as the "have to's" and the brand and where you bought them, both are coming with night sights so that's done.
    Thanks in Advance
    D

Neither of those models have any "have to's". Both should run just fine and dandy out of the box.

I'd clean them of course, lube them well, run them a bit wet even. Use full power quality ball ammo to start off and you should have no issues.

There are some luxury items you can add when you feel like it, grips, stainless guide rods etc that I would visit Lakeline for. Alfonse is a member here and will fix you up proper.

Some of the 380's sometimes require a "have to" but not all of them either.

Get to shooting and if you get any balks there's lots of help here by folks far smarter than I.

You started off with a couple of the best so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would leave it stock. Buy some decent ammo and have fun. The stiff recoil spring is there for a reason. With some range time you will start to appreciate the Pm9 even more.

I did just pick up a CW380, cerekote NIB for $232, same advice?

The CW380 may or may not be a work in progress when you first shoot it. Many operate 100% straight out of the box...others, well it might require some polishing, slight filing, sanding, but more finding the right ammo to break it in than the larger guns do. I do not know if the ejector has been modified from Kahr on the CW380, but a slight rounding of the lower ejector lip (found in one of the threads) made mine shoot anything finally. The springs...another area where Kahr says 200 rds break in, well mine after 700 rounds started to manually cycle..slightly. Others report theirs will hand rack straight from the factory no problems though. I got mine broke in and it shot great, but I sold it and bought a CM9 just to keep from having to buy 380 acp at a ridiculous price compared to 9mm. The CM9 fits my hand better, although it is not much larger than the CW380 was. Either way, both are great guns and you will be impressed with the CW380 either out of the box or after the break in period.

good to know about the CS380, is this filing and smoothing able to be done by a novice?

Absolutely. If it's needed at all it's usually just cosmetic anyhow. The polymer sometimes will have little strings hanging off, an exacto knife makes short work of that. And it also might need nothing at all.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by KDale View Post
    I did just pick up a CW380, cerekote NIB for $232, same advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by KDale View Post
    good to know about the CS380, is this filing and smoothing able to be done by a novice?
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...tery-on-CW-380

You might also want to check out Alfonse's striker: https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/

Still, as Bawanna said, "... it also might need nothing at all".

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Kind of hard to personalize a Kahr, that's why the wife likes them! Usually buy a gun and spend another 250 bucks for the upgrades...lol
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Kind of hard to personalize a Kahr, that's why the wife likes them! Usually buy a gun and spend another 250 bucks for the upgrades...lol
    Or like some do ....spend $495 on a CZ P-09 and send it in for $450 worth of upgrades before it is even fired once!