Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a poor boy decide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help a poor boy decide

Not being any kind of glock fan boy, I own two. A 19 and a 26. I bought the 26 first. I travel a good bit, and was thinking the 26 would be a good travel gun. Just a Glock, no big deal if lost or stolen. Then I became a Kahr man, my K9 became my travel gun. So I have an almost new G26 with about 300 rounds down range. Two 10 round mags, one 12 round mags, plus a Milt Sparks VMII holster ( for you non milt sparks fans, thats a 120 dollar hoster. ), So thinking about trading for a Gen 5 G19, thinking my stuff is worth 450, what say you folks?
    NRA Benefactor

You already have a 19, you'll keep it and trade out of the 26 for the gen 5 19? So you'll have two 19s plus your K9 for travel..... if I got it right
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

Well, if I were in the market I'd go for that. But, as noted ^, why? You already have a 19.
    NRA Benefactor

I have a poor mans glock 19....a S&W SD9VE, which equates to ...Do not own a Milt Sparks anything.

Send me the 19, buy the Gen 5 19 and keep the 26, you'll have all the bases covered and I'll have a 19.

Brilliant. Sometimes I amaze myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Send me the 19, buy the Gen 5 19 and keep the 26, you'll have all the bases covered and I'll have a 19.

Brilliant. Sometimes I amaze myself.
    ....and alla the rest of us regulars as well.
    NRA Benefactor

Sell the glock 19 and get a CZ p10c or p07
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    Sell the glock 19 and get a CZ p10c or p07
    I will never get rid of my CZ P-07....it still remains my favorite firearm, even with as much as I like my CM9.

If it were my decision, I'd sell the 26 and put the proceeds to better use by buying a bulk of 9mm bullets, powder and primers to spend even more time on the range with the existing 19 and K9. You never know .... after a year or so of shooting all the 9mm, you may just decide the better choice would be investing in a (or another) revolver to fill a hole in the collection.

Several years ago I had gotten a "new" pistol back from a factory safety recall that shot so poorly upon return that I immediately sold it (for a whole $20-30 overall loss). The proceeds were instantly converted into a new Chrony and a stash of reloading components. That made me spend more quality time with the other guns I already owned ...... turned out to be a really good experience and reaffirmed my love for what I already had.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

If what you have works, save your money.