CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: 1873 Trap Door Springfield

Default 1873 Trap Door Springfield

It was was the M-16 of it's day. Loading cowboy action 45-70 loads for it. Issue sights are about 10" high at 100 yards. Factory sights zeroed at 250 yards with the original loads.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskq6KWh1

That's extremely awesome. I really love that kind of stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Those are cool old guns. My dad bought two as surplus when he was in high school about 1926 - he paid $1.25 each. Mine has an original bayonet, but the firing pin is broken.
    Also have a vintage full box of .45-70 ammo - probably from the 1880s or '90s..
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

firing pin is easy to replace and not expensive. There us a pretty you tube video on gunsmithing the Trapdoor Spring. No major disassembly required.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Those are cool old guns. My dad bought two as surplus when he was in high school about 1926 - he paid $1.25 each. Mine has an original bayonet, but the firing pin is broken.
    Also have a vintage full box of .45-70 ammo - probably from the 1880s or '90s..
    firing pin is easy to replace and not expensive. There us a pretty you tube video on gunsmithing the Trapdoor Spring. No major disassembly required.