Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz p-01

Default Cz p-01

Well, I made it 8 days after Greg posted his CZ group picture before having to add to my CZ platform pistol stash.. Grab a gun sent me an email last Sunday and they had 1 P-01 in stock. Showed it to the wife, she gave the nod, and 2 days later with the hurricane and everything it was at my FFL. Came with CZ rubber grips. I put my grips that were on my C-100 on it and have shot 200 flawless rounds.

I'm thinking it needs some of its own grips. Saw some carbon fiber grips with screws included for an ok price. Might do that.

Here's the family picture. These are habit forming.

Last edited by yqtszhj; 09-16-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That P-01 is just sweet.

I've recently been favoring one of them over the PCR I've wanted for so long.

I really like my C100, but a decocker would be more up my alley.

Almost bought a P-01 off Gunbroker the other day, but now I hear a P-07 speaking to me. It'd be more practical to carry - at least for me. Too many range toys in my safe already.

Once again, you are NOT making this any easier, but you are still my favorite gun purchase adviser.

FWIW, that P-01 is just screaming for some Cool Hand grip screws....

Actually I'm thinking about these but the price......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TD03Y8TK&psc=1
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Doesn't that screw head sticking out of the grip rub a blister on your hand?

Actually its mostly illusion from shadow in the picture but yeah that's the original CZ screws and about half the head is above the grip in the back with the lock washer underneath. I'll likely pick up some more thin grips and screws. Really though you cant feel it when shooting because its rounded.

Funny, the C-100 and P-01 have a different grip screw size. C-100 is slightly bigger.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Actually I'm thinking about these but the price......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TD03Y8TK&psc=1
    Wow - those are awesome looking!

Not too bad on price, considering the screws are included. I paid $20 for two screws for my C100, so the grips and screws were just about that much total.

And those are carbon fiber - uber cool. You've got a spaceship there. No time to be skimping on goodies....

Mine is a long term keeper. It is very reliable and accurate.

makes you want to sell all your kahrs for sure..

while i admire CZ the only gun im interested in is the Rami, lame name but props for acknowledging their employees..

I've decided a Rami over an MK or K9, just undecided on safety or decocker?? what say you?? advantages over the other??

not a fan of safetys or decockers but this is a gadget gun so i get it....
    RIP Muggsy

you guys are killing me! I've been toying with the idea of selling my G17 to get a CZ p10 but I have a box full of Glock mags that are keeping me from it. These awesome pictures are not helping my wallet!!
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    ...undecided on safety or decocker?? what say you?? advantages over the other??

not a fan of safetys or decockers but this is a gadget gun so i get it....
    If you want to carry cocked and locked, the safety model is the one for you. You can also carry it hammer down, and rely on the DA pull for a safety. This is what I do.

Never did warm up to carrying cocked and locked. The "problem" with this is decocking the hammer on a chambered round for carry. I use the thumb of my grip hand on the hammer, and block the firing pin with my support hand thumb to prevent a ND if my thumb slips off the hammer. Works, but it still makes me nervous.

The decocker makes this easy. Drops the hammer safely every time on a chambered round.

The decocker adds a few ounces of weight to the trigger pull though. If it's gonna be a carry gun, I'd prefer the decocker model. For a range toy, the safety model would be a better choice, IMO.