Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cz p-01

1000 round update......

Well I made it to 1000 rounds today and the P-01 is smoothing out really nice. I did break down the frame and polished the sear, single action spur on the hammer, the sides of the hammer where it meets the frame, and the hammer strut. Don't try this without a steel sear slave pin to hold the sear cage together during disassembly and reassembly. I cut one from a drill bit smooth end and it worked well. Some good punches are required too.

The single action is really smooth now. The trigger moves but you feel nothing but smooth pressure until it breaks even though the hammer still cams a bit, no grit or jumpiness at all. The DA is real smooth too. I had put the CGW 13 lb. hammer spring in at about 300 rounds and its perfect. Still puts a good deep dent in the primers as it has the same spring for the full size and compact so its under good pressure.

One day I'd like to polish the trigger bar and put the CGW reduced power trigger return spring in and the floating trigger pin for easy removal. The factory trigger pin is staked they say so getting it out of the alloy frame is not something I'd look forward to so I think I'll wait till there is a real need. The trigger is super smooth with the sear cage out anyway so other than making the trigger a few ounces lighter I see no real need at the time.

The Carbon fiber grips are still good.

Hey kenemoore, did your new holster come in and if so how do you like it?

Side note:
    I knew the wife was watching what I'd been spending so sure enough she found a country looking dining table like she grew up eating from made of oak and had to have it. Guess we're even now.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Here are the photos from the holster maker. I have to give Dave at Littlebear custom holsters a big shout out. (http://littlebearcustomholsters.com/sd.php). This is the Salty Dad (A) model. This is the 2nd try on the holster, first one had some interference around the grip and Dave remade the holster, 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed . Roughly a two week wait, that is amazing for a custom made holster. This one arrived late Friday, I have worn it all day everyday since. Outstanding comfort. All horsehide, with rough side out in the back, very smooth draw. Holds the grip tight to the body. Me Like.

Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Benefactor

Thats a good looking carry rig.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    1000 round update......

Well I made it to 1000 rounds today and the P-01 is smoothing out really nice. I did break down the frame and polished the sear, single action spur on the hammer, the sides of the hammer where it meets the frame, and the hammer strut. Don't try this without a steel sear slave pin to hold the sear cage together during disassembly and reassembly. I cut one from a drill bit smooth end and it worked well. Some good punches are required too.

The single action is really smooth now. The trigger moves but you feel nothing but smooth pressure until it breaks even though the hammer still cams a bit, no grit or jumpiness at all. The DA is real smooth too. I had put the CGW 13 lb. hammer spring in at about 300 rounds and its perfect. Still puts a good deep dent in the primers as it has the same spring for the full size and compact so its under good pressure.

One day I'd like to polish the trigger bar and put the CGW reduced power trigger return spring in and the floating trigger pin for easy removal. The factory trigger pin is staked they say so getting it out of the alloy frame is not something I'd look forward to so I think I'll wait till there is a real need. The trigger is super smooth with the sear cage out anyway so other than making the trigger a few ounces lighter I see no real need at the time.

The Carbon fiber grips are still good.

Hey kenemoore, did your new holster come in and if so how do you like it?

Side note:
    I knew the wife was watching what I'd been spending so sure enough she found a country looking dining table like she grew up eating from made of oak and had to have it. Guess we're even now.
    Excellent post!
    When I slicked up my Phantom I used a trimmed Q-tip as the slave pin. I had seen that in a tutorial and it worked just fine for me.
    Here's a shot from that tutorial:

I about got a headache reading Cajun Gun Works' tech tip they have listed with their pin to install the cage:
    TECH TIP: You do not use the S-Pin to re-assemble the sear cage. Use the OEM #13 long sear pin to install the #14 lifter, #15 lifter spring, and #11 sear, and #12 sear spring from the RH side, and use the #23 hammer spring plug retaining pin, started from the LH side to install the #61 D/C lever and #62 D/C lever spring. Push out the #23 out with the #13 when completely assembled. Then push out the #13 with the CGW S-Pin. Position the #62 D/C lever springs right angle dog leg around the back of the #61 D/C lever. Install the sear cage and drive in the #13 pin from the LH side only, pushing the CGW S-Pin out of the frame on the RH side.

I can see it's pretty helpful, but for some reason it was a hard read for me the first time I read it

I like their products for the most part. I bought their trigger pin and starter punch for my 75B, but haven't installed the pin as I've no pressing need to do so (been that way for several years now ). I don't know about the alloy frame guns, but on my 75B the OEM trigger pin is flared on both ends to secure it in the frame.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yeah I saw that tech tip too and thought that was nice for them to post but had me dizzy after reading it.

I was going to post this but got lazy. I actually removed the sear cage using a Q-tip but it started flexing under the spring pressure once out so I got nervous figuring it would be a pain to push back through the frame hole. I figured it would take me less time to dremel the end off a drill bit than it would wrestling that q-tip back through the frame. About 5 minutes and I had my slavepin. I actually used the q-tip method on my P-09 when I polished everything up to hold the trigger return spring in place while re inserting the trigger pin and it worked well.

I put the CGW floating trigger pin and return spring in my Canik T-120. Its an alloy frame but Canik only used a roll pin not flared so getting it out was easy. My P-01 is flared and I'm wondering if driving out the steel pin will booger up the alloy frame. Thats the only thing that is stopping me at the moment.

Seems like I read on czforum one time that the CGW gunsmith David was saying he had one that was so tight one time he had to drill it out. I don't really care to do that but if I end up replacing that pin on the P-01 I may call them for advice.

Side note: I gotta stay off Armslist. I saw a CZ75 SA listed for a nice price not far from me. Sent the guy an inquiry and I hope he doesn't respond. If it's LNIB I don't have the budget for it but I'm not likely to let it get away. For the price I can do a couple of upgrades to it and a polish job and have a really nice pistol for a lot less than new.

Visit here:

Oh my, good luck with the 75 SA
    I've been wanting one of those (and the the 75 B Ω Convertible has been whispering to me) for awhile, but the Phantom seems to have scratched my CZ itch for the time being
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Thanks for the reply boss! That's good info

I do like slim and I do like how the CW45 feels in hand, but I'm pretty happy with the CZ grips I already have. Those were acquired after Sir yqtszhj posted his experience with them:

Still, somebody has a "BNIB unfired Steel Railed Compact (SP01 Compact as some refer to them)" up for sale on another forum. That's been tempting me and it would be a good candidate for some of these carbon fiber grips. You all are a devilish influence

Regards,
    Greg
    Well I never got a response on the 75 SA I saw on Armslist, BUT.... I received an email on SP-01's in stock and Gregs pic above plus the glowing reviews was just overwhelming. So I ordered the tactical version with the decocker and it arrived Monday, shot 250 rounds yesterday. All I can say is it's a sweet shooter (where's the recoil). Very easy to shoot well. Now the thanksgiving project next week is to tear it down and polish up the internals.

Visit here:

I was looking for a PCR but only saw CA legal versions which turned me off. I settled for a NIB P01 which should arrive in a few days. I also went online and purchased some pachmayer G10 grips. Based on some of the pictures I'm wondering if I will need to also get new screws for it. Anyone know the exact size of the existing screws? I also ordered some truglow sights! I'm just too damn impatient to wait.

I had a P07 and liked it but for some reason traded it in for a H&K P2000 which also got traded down the road.

Some excellent shooting in the pics. I'd be ecstatic to shoot that well.

Funny I pass them right by whenever I see CA legal or MA compliant.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by JGIORD View Post
    I was looking for a PCR but only saw CA legal versions which turned me off. I settled for a NIB P01 which should arrive in a few days. I also went online and purchased some pachmayer G10 grips. Based on some of the pictures I'm wondering if I will need to also get new screws for it. Anyone know the exact size of the existing screws? I also ordered some truglow sights! I'm just too damn impatient to wait.

I had a P07 and liked it but for some reason traded it in for a H&K P2000 which also got traded down the road.

Some excellent shooting in the pics. I'd be ecstatic to shoot that well.
    Remove the washers from under the factory P-01 screws and they should work ok with G10 grips without interfering with the hammer spring.

I'm thinking about some Meprolight sights for my P-01. That is what came on my H&K p30sk and the SP-01 and I like them. Easy to see during the day too.

Cajun gun works spring kit inbound due tomorrow for the new pistol. I can't leave well enough alone.

Visit here: