CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz p-01

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Well, I made it 8 days after Greg posted his CZ group picture before having to add to my CZ platform pistol stash.. Grab a gun sent me an email last Sunday and they had 1 P-01 in stock. Showed it to the wife, she gave the nod, and 2 days later with the hurricane and everything it was at my FFL. Came with CZ rubber grips. I put my grips that were on my C-100 on it and have shot 200 flawless rounds.

I'm thinking it needs some of its own grips. Saw some carbon fiber grips with screws included for an ok price. Might do that.

Here's the family picture. These are habit forming.

CONGRATS on the P-01! That's an awesome collection you have there
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    If you want to carry cocked and locked, the safety model is the one for you. You can also carry it hammer down, and rely on the DA pull for a safety. This is what I do.

Never did warm up to carrying cocked and locked. The "problem" with this is decocking the hammer on a chambered round for carry. I use the thumb of my grip hand on the hammer, and block the firing pin with my support hand thumb to prevent a ND if my thumb slips off the hammer. Works, but it still makes me nervous.

The decocker makes this easy. Drops the hammer safely every time on a chambered round.

The decocker adds a few ounces of weight to the trigger pull though. If it's gonna be a carry gun, I'd prefer the decocker model. For a range toy, the safety model would be a better choice, IMO.
    Yeah, what he said.^^^

If I EVER see a Rami with decocker its coming home with me. PERIOD! I'll deal with the wife if needed afterward.

I traded or sold a G19, G30s, LC9, Beretra Nano, and Bersa Thunder UC Pro to make room for the CZ types. No regrets at all.

Now my 4 Kahrs I'll keep. The trigger pull is like a CZ DA with a super nice trigger.

My C-100 is as smooth as a Kahr just a bit heavier. I've done a lot of polishing and spring work to the C-100 and T-120.

Note: Carbon Fiber grips on order to arrive Tuesday.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post

Note: Carbon Fiber grips on order to arrive Tuesday.
    I look forward to reading what you have to say about them

BTW, there a couple of Rami decockers on GB right now

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

had a ppk/s with decocker.... liked toying with it but that was about all... gadget guns are cool and all but ive been soooo long without them, plenty of practice would be in order for sure.... i dont like safetys, i use my finger for that..
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    BTW, there a couple of Rami decockers on GB right now
    Thanks, I'll make sure NOT to go there (not this month anyway) . Now I know what that gb in gb6491 stands for.

I passed on the local gun show this past weekend. Last time I was there a table with quite a few CZ's was set up. Their price was a bit high but they had no Rami's so I escaped with my money but it gave me the itch for the P-01. I was afraid they may have one this time. Had a lead on one relatively local off of Armslist about 6 weeks ago but someone got it before me. Not too many places locally carry the metal frame models. Only the P-07 and P-09.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Ok, Ok, you talked me into it.
    I own a CZ SP01, my favorite 9mm range gun, I shoot it well. From my post in another thread, you know I'm considering selling my G26 and buying a G19, gen 5. Well...this post has thrown a curve in my plans.
    Did I mention I love shooting the CZ? Anyway, bought a CZ PCR off of gunbroker today, going to sell the G26 to finance the purchase, and forgo the Gen 5, G19. I think I'll be happier in the long run.
    NRA Benefactor

I think you'll be happier too but I won't be. No G19 for bawanna I don't guess.

I too am eager to jump on the CZ band wagon. Just kicking all the different models and variations around. Every time I think I finally got it pinned another pops up that looks appealing. Never seems to end.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

double post
    Last edited by kenemoore; 09-19-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    NRA Benefactor

Bawanna,
    If you like, I can save some brass, and a used patch or two, you can sniff them when no one is looking.
    NRA Benefactor

That just might help get me through.

Ironic, this afternoon I got a CZ catalog and some brochures at work. Somebody has my number i think.
    Now I'm back on the PCR want list...........................I better stick with the brass and patches to sniff. I'm not shy, don't care if anyone is watching.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."