Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz p-01

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    In the photo, that's a 16 round Mec-Gar in the SP-01.
    Regards,
    Greg
    I used Mec-Gar mags in my Tri Star C100, actually they are what comes with the C100. Great mags. Wish they made some for the CM9. Can not believe how expense Kahr mags are, let alone the price of the little plastic base for a 6 rd mag.

mec gar mags are awesome, iirc they are made in Italy?? anyhow they are probably better then stock CZ mags...

Speaking of which Im really interested in the Rami BD, i'll probably dump my Kahrs to get one... no way im parting with my glocks, i have enough mags to choke a horse... however Ive been on the fence about discarding .40 cal altogether so i may dump some of those... Never shot a CZ but have been interested and this thread may prove ro be expensive...

but unfortunately money is tight right now so i will have to dump guns to get CZ action, but i handload and have a major stash of components so no worries there for a long time
    RIP Muggsy

Picked the PCR up at lunch time today. I was lead to believe the de-cocker trigger would be gritty, not the case. Seems about the same as my SP01 was when new. The metal base on the mags bothers me a little bit, but nothing major. When I got my SP01, it appeared to have been dunked in a bucket of motor oil. This one is covered with some kind of sticky grease. Not cosmoline, but still pretty sticky. Will clean her up this weekend and try to get some range time next weekend. So far I am very pleased. Feels good in the hand.
    NRA Benefactor

Keep us posted. I'm leaning towards a PCR myself one of these days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Picked the PCR up at lunch time today. I was lead to believe the de-cocker trigger would be gritty, not the case. Seems about the same as my SP01 was when new. The metal base on the mags bothers me a little bit, but nothing major. When I got my SP01, it appeared to have been dunked in a bucket of motor oil. This one is covered with some kind of sticky grease. Not cosmoline, but still pretty sticky. Will clean her up this weekend and try to get some range time next weekend. So far I am very pleased. Feels good in the hand.
    Mine seemed to be greased all over too and like yours the trigger was smooth. Took about 2 spray downs and wipe downs to clean it up. I Still get some grease out of the hammer pin hole after firing a bit but I didn't break if down and pull the sear cage. Since its smooth I dont plan on that until at least its broke in real good then I may do some polishing too. Since I've read the factory trigger pin on the non-omega models may be a bugger to get out and I'd need the CGW floating trigger pin or something similar I'm debating if I should just "shoot it smooth" which is the funner option anyway.

Pistol feels light weight too doesn't it?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

2 ordered and on the way........
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Mine seemed to be greased all over too and like yours the trigger was smooth. Took about 2 spray downs and wipe downs to clean it up. I Still get some grease out of the hammer pin hole after firing a bit but I didn't break if down and pull the sear cage. Since its smooth I dont plan on that until at least its broke in real good then I may do some polishing too. Since I've read the factory trigger pin on the non-omega models may be a bugger to get out and I'd need the CGW floating trigger pin or something similar I'm debating if I should just "shoot it smooth" which is the funner option anyway.

Pistol feels light weight too doesn't it?

I shot my SP01 about 100 rounds right before I picked up the PCR, you're right, first thing in my mind was Wow, this thing is a lot lighter.

Used my Kahr brake cleaner to clean out all the grease, then cleaned again with Balistol. I don't have a trigger scale, but the DA feels like around 10-11 pounds, noticeably heavier than the SP01, but the SP01 has a few thousand rounds through it, I must say the SA actually feels a little lighter than the SP01, maybe 4 pounds. I got a snap cap loaded int the chamber and plan on lots of dry firing between now and the next range session. So far I am very pleased, can't wait to shoot it.

The sights are not the greatest, once I save up funds, might go for TFO sights.
    NRA Benefactor

Target on the right was the first magazine through it. 124grn Hardball Aquila at 25 feet, not bad. After shooting 50 rounds of hard ball, next target on left, is one magazine of HST 124 grn. I was getting used to the new pistol, and the grouping is a little tighter. The stock sights are difficult for these old eyes, have Dawson Precision FO sights on the way. Fired another 50 rounds of ball. So 150 rounds, no issues. Me Like.

-Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Benefactor

Nice groups and good report.

I had the 2 extra mec-gar mags I ordered come in and I tried them yesterday. All is well still.

I'm up to 750 rounds now and am thinking about disassembly and polishing of the sear, hammer, and hammer strut. Did that on my other CZ pistols and it was well worth the effort. I'll also put some white paint in those sights as yesterday while shooting I was like yourself having a hard time seeing them. That luminescent paint they put in there is not worth talking about really.

Visit here:

Nice shooting kenemore!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>