Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CT40 First Shots

Default CT40 First Shots

Picked up my new CT40 on Friday, took it home and did the usual disassembly, cleaning and lube. Took it out first thing Saturday morning and put the very first shot dead center in the bullseye (probably more luck than skill) and still managed to keep 20 rounds in a six inch group. Not bad for a brand new pistols first shots. Ran 80 more rounds through the gun without any problems. This is my second Kahr, my other being a CW45, and it won't be the last.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your CT40. Sounds like a keeper. I have recently gotten big into Kahr Arms as well. There is something about the unique design or possibly the precise machining of the guns I find appealing.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Good to hear! How do you like your CW45?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

My CW45 was the most accurate handgun I owned until this CT40. Put another 50 rounds through the 40 this afternoon and it just keeps getting better. I have yet to have a malfunction with either of these pistols.

Thank you for sharing you new Kahr experience with us myskyn
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by myskyn View Post
    My CW45 was the most accurate handgun I owned until this CT40. Put another 50 rounds through the 40 this afternoon and it just keeps getting better. I have yet to have a malfunction with either of these pistols.
    I'm always curious on what specific ammo you're currently using - without any malfunctions?

I've used PMC Bronze, Blazer Brass, Winchester White Box, Remington UMC, Fiocchi, Magtech and Black Hills in various weights of FMJ and JHP. Just bought a new CT9 and ran 100 rounds of mixed 9mm through it this morning with zero malfunctions.