Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: mag interchangeability...

Default mag interchangeability...

I have a CW9 that I am thrilled with. I have a friend who wants to get rid of two K9 mags. I checked the Kahr.com website, and it indicates all 9mm mags are interchangeable as long as the capacity is not less than the gun was designed for (mag would be too short). As a shooter of many other semi-auto brands, this is a revelation that amazes me.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
    Jim

It is correct.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The interchangeability is great...unlike CZs that must have different mags for each gun of the same caliber. At least now the P-10 and P-07 are interchangeable.

With the CZ's all the 75 mags are interchangeable.
    NRA Benefactor

CZ 75 Rami will not fit a P-07. P-07 will not fit a compact. Pre B mags are their own animals. Shadow will not fit P-09....and so on. There are many differences but I see what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    I have a CW9 that I am thrilled with. I have a friend who wants to get rid of two K9 mags. I checked the Kahr.com website, and it indicates all 9mm mags are interchangeable as long as the capacity is not less than the gun was designed for (mag would be too short). As a shooter of many other semi-auto brands, this is a revelation that amazes me.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Yes the mags are interchangeable. A few things worth noting are the K9 mags might have the metal base plate (which some people prefer) and might also contain the old style magazine followers. I had a few issues with the old followers in my MK9 but got some of the new style on Kahrs website and have had flawless function since then.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

On a related note, 6 round 1911 .45ACP mags of most brands will fit the P45 or CW45.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling