Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I found this wonderful forum. Now it's decision time.

Since I have a serious case of Dunlap's Disease, pocket carrying (in pants) anything bigger than my CT380 is not an option. However, my new CW9, which is not much larger that the CT380, appears to be a good candidate for IWB carry in the Remora clip holster I ordered on the 24th of August. After an unexpected weather delay, it should be here by the end of next week, so I'll update my opinion.
    The Remora folks have had a bit of a time recovering fully from a visit by a nasty ****** called Irma who swept through their fair city recently. Their shop came through with little damage, but some of the employees lost their homes.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I pocket carry both my Cm9 and my cw38 in relaxed fit Carpenter jeans, cargo pants, and khakis no prob. Im I'm 5'9 175. Yes, you can tell I have some in my pocket, but the holster obscures the shape. IDGAF if someone "makes" me.

I'd skip the P series in favor of the CW/CM. P series are very nice, but other than saving a few grams of weight, they don't offer much better functional features.

I had to modify the extractor on my Cw380 to get it to feed certain ammo fiocchi ammo. Shoots all the SD ammo I've tested. I had my first stovepipe jam in my CM9 last month. It was in my very first IDPA match. I was nervous. The other competitors said they could see that I was limpwristing leading up to the jam. I've shot thousands of rounds through it without fail up to then, and I've shot hundreds of rounds since then without issue.

tony k
    stick with the IDPA matches;your fellow competitors will be amazed what you can do with your CM9. I get as nervous as a 'ho in church when I shoot a match. stay nervous, you want to be able to preform when the poop hits the prop.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Thanks to all for the replies. I finally got to see and hold a PM9 and was really impressed with the build quality and such a nice trigger👍👍. Still trying to find a P .380 to hold. Anyone actually weight both the PM 9 and P 380 loaded?

Appreciate the replies. Thank you!

The weights are out there on the web. Empty the 9 weighs about 50% more. Very noticeable so I usually carry my 380 instead of the 9.

Yeah the weights and dimensions of all the guns are posted on Kahrs website. Great for comparisons.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

I do not see a vast amount of difference in the size between the CW 380 and the CM9. I admit the 9 is larger, and yes the weight is more , but for carry I see no great amount of either to limit me carrying the CM9. Then again, I do not pocket carry, so yes that could be alot of difference. Still, I am much more satisfied with my CM9 than the CW380.

Well I'm about 6'1" tall about 220 lbs. I can pocket carry my CM9 but I favor appendix carry for this weapon. I also have a CT380 which is very close to the same length and height of the CM9, but the width and weight are a bit less. I pocket carry that one in a sticky holster in my weak side back pocket as a backup with no issues. I really don't even notice it there. When I'm out I wear strictly blue jeans, much to my wife's dismay! I have also pocket carried my S&W Shield in the past, but soon realized getting it out of a pair of jeans with any speed at all was pretty much impossible so it too gets carried between 12 and 2 o'clock.

I, unfortunately, own a p380. It is a poorly designed weapon. The recoils springs are cut from the factory on the muzzle end and capable of protruding and seizing the slide. The rear aspect of the top of the polymer frame is bowed inward. I have many failures to feed. Kahr CS had had the gun for over a month and they still have not gotten to it. Keep away from it. I would depend on an LCP II or a TCP over this gun.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I would look hard & long at the CM9. It carry's well in a Desantis nemesis pocket holster. For reference I'm 5' 11" @ 175lbs and my CM9 disappears in cargo short pockets or pants with large pockets. It carries comfortably IWB in either a Alien gear cloak tuck or Desantis cozy partner ( which I like better than the AG).
    Last edited by RonW; 11-08-2017 at 08:29 AM.