CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New CW 380. Wish me luck!

New to the Forum and to Kahr. I have been reading a lot about the CW380 and picked up one yesterday. I haven't fired it yet but do have a little concern about the "Sharp corner on the barrel end of the ejector port". It is very pointed and sharp. I can't help but believe that I am going to end up with stitches if I don't do something about it. Is this something that others have dealt with. I see Skiflydive on post #1 mentions this but I didn't see any comments of how or what should be done about it. Also notice that the top of the front side of my trigger has a little lip that is also a little sharp. Is that normal? I looked a the replacement trigger on the Kahr website but couldn't tell by the picture if it was the way it was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    I just get a laugh from these threads. Why not just clean the new pistol, inspect it and shoot the thing before taking tools to it. As stated use good USA made ammo. I'm on my 5th Kahr with thousands of rounds through each of them. My P380 an RAxxxx didn't run 100% until 560 rnds. It now has 5000+ with just spring changes.
    I had 14 failures in the first 100 rounds with my CW380. I followed the prep sticky and it only took about a half an hour to do. It has run perfect since round 100, over 1000 rounds without a problem. So I had 460 trouble free rounds while you were waiting for problems to cure themselves. I like to tinker and understand mechanical things anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TigWelder View Post
    New to the Forum and to Kahr. I have been reading a lot about the CW380 and picked up one yesterday. I haven't fired it yet but do have a little concern about the "Sharp corner on the barrel end of the ejector port". It is very pointed and sharp. I can't help but believe that I am going to end up with stitches if I don't do something about it. Is this something that others have dealt with. I see Skiflydive on post #1 mentions this but I didn't see any comments of how or what should be done about it. Also notice that the top of the front side of my trigger has a little lip that is also a little sharp. Is that normal? I looked a the replacement trigger on the Kahr website but couldn't tell by the picture if it was the way it was supposed to be.
    I just filed the sharp corner down a little and rounded it off. Same thing for the trigger corner.

I plan on rounding the shape edge on the ejection port but might wait until after I shoot it some before I do anything with the trigger. It sorta looks like the lip on the trigger may be the stop as it is very close to the poly grip when relaxed. It overlaps the trigger hole by about a 1/16".