Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magguts for P380

Default Magguts for P380

Anybody have any experience with the magguts p380 product. Looks like a good idea if it functions properly. Extra round just by using wasted space in mag.

I've been using the Magguts for Ruger LCP with success for some time now. So I bought two units for P380 to see if they work as well. Will test them next week.

This is an old thread, but the question remains:
    Has anyone used the Magguts kit in a P380?

I'm curious, but not so curious that I'll try it out without someone's enthusiastic support of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    This is an old thread, but the question remains:
    Has anyone used the Magguts kit in a P380?

I'm curious, but not so curious that I'll try it out without someone's enthusiastic support of the product.
    yes. A bunch of us have and we are enthusiastic about it. I haven't heard much about use in the 7 rnd mags, but putting them into the 6 rounders has worked great from what I've seen and heard.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I've had the magguts installed in my P380 for years. I can load an extra round plus it took care of a few jambing problems.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

My new Magguts kit for the 6 round P380 arrived today. The factory spring was a little weak, and didn't consistently push up the slide stop. The Magguts equipped magazine resolved that problem. The look of the follower isn't confidence-inspiring, but it seems to feed fine while sitting here in the comfort of my computer room. I'm eager to run it through its paces and see how it holds up.

I have them for both the 6 and 7 round magazines, which I installed towards the end of the break in period of my P380. They were a little tricky to install, but no issues so far. Based on the reviews I read before buying, it appeared to be a very solid product once installed correctly.

I have them installed in 2 of my CT380 magazines and they have been flawless with several hundred rounds. It's nice to be able to carry a backup that shoots as well as it does and carries 9 rounds total!

I've used the six to seven round conversion in Kahr mags with no problems ever. A little tricky to install the contraption into the mag, not idiot proof. Flawless once properly installed.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    yes. A bunch of us have and we are enthusiastic about it.
    I've been so enthusiastic about them I could forgive someone for accusing me of being a paid shill for MagGuts. With the OEM mag followers I had feeding issues and could not slingshot the slide, and the springs took a set after being left loaded for several weeks and would no longer lock the slide back. The MagGuts kits solved all three problems at once. Feeding is reliable, I can slingshot the slide and I've had no issues leaving the mags loaded for extended periods of time. I now have them in all of my mags including the 7-rounder. The added round of capacity was just a bonus. I also use the MagGuts kits in my Glock 42, not that the OEM Glock mags were unreliable but or the extra round. If I can think of any negatives it is cost and the complexity of assembly.